* Over 250 million Americans carry mobile phones - over 80% of the U.S. Population!
* By 2012, it's estimated that 10 trillion texts will be sent and delivered globally.
* Four out of five teens carry a wireless device and over half (57%) view it as the key to their social life
* Customer time spent on mobile devices is rising faster than the time spent on any other form of media
* According to analysts, Mobile Marketing and Advertising will grow to revenues of $3-5 Billion by 2012.
* Texting gets over 10 times the response rate of email, and has an amazing 97% immediate open rate.
* Text messages are opened immediately, while emails could take days to be opened, if at all.
* Text Message Marketing has an easily measurable ROI as opposed to other social media methods.
Text Marketing works for many business models - almost any business that needs to stay connected to a group of clients, prospects, or customers can benefit. Providers have simplified the entire mass text messaging process by setting up a simple subscription process through texting a keyword to a five digit short code.
You can then manage your subscribers and the messages you send them online very simply.
If you are in sales, or have a band or a team with a group of fans, this is a great way to keep in contact with them.
If your band, the "Electric Tangerine" needs to stay in touch with your loyal fans, invite them to join the "Tangerine Texting Team" by sending TANGERINE to your short code 12345.
You will then be able to send messages to all who have signed up informing them of this week's concert locations, or how to get your latest collectible t-shirt.
You can even use the message as an electronic business card.
Instead of carrying around those archaic bits of paper and ink, ask the person to text YOURNAME to 12345.
The message that comes back instantly to them can include your name and contact info, plus they are now in your texting database.
I hope you have gotten the idea that text message marketing is a great way to build your business, or your brand, even yourself.