Yep its true. Google Reader facesits Apocalypse in a few months.
Google Reader, the eight-year-old RSS readerthat became an industry standard, has beengiven a funeral date: July 1, 2013. RIP Google Reader. You were a great sport..
Though the lack ofGoogle Reader willbe a terrible loss…
..there are fewreasons that leadus to think that wewont miss GoogleReader as much…
1. Consistently dropping “certain feeds” andthen posting ten of them at once weeks later. It gets pretty annoying with time.
2. Even after unsubscribing from severalblogs[multiple times] Google kept signing back up for them!
3.Other alternatives like Feedly are farbetter, offer more options and is much user friendly than our poor old Reader
4. Everyone hated the new designGoogle Reader under went in 2011
5. Google Reader has not had any new features in yearsAlthough all these features are cool, they came way back in 2008.
6. Subscriptions! Managing them is a real pain. There is no easy way to change their order throughsetting(you need to be in a reader view to drag and drop them)
7. All the social features are removed and replaced by a Google +1 button. TRASH Clicking the +1 button only adds the page to your GoogleProfile &you need to click the "share on Google+" box to share the page with your friends.
8. Feed column cannot be expanded It is a concern for users with smaller screens. The feed column takes up a whole lot of space