Name: Gen. Ecology Lecture Quiz
I. IDENTIFICATION. Write the correct answer on the space provided.
__________1. Who is the naturalist that coined the term, “population of a population?”
__________2. The type of spacing pattern that usually occurs as a response to uneven
distribution of resources in the immediate environment.
__________3. The density of an organism in an environment.
__________4. Sub-field of ecology that deals with the dynamics of species population.
__________5. It is when a network of distinct populations that interact with one another by
II. MULTIPLE CHOICE. Encircle the letter that best describe the questions.
1. The process by which seeds develop in order for them to be pollinated by means of wind,
animals and humans.
a. Dispersal mechanism
b. Seed germination
d. All of the above
2. Human effect is …
a. How people serve as dispersal agents of species
b. The effect of being different to animals
c. The cause of all the natural disturbances
d. Way of controlling the environment
3. The following are example of Human effect except:
a. Rainforest to subdivisions
b. Agricultural to wasteland
c. Pasturing sheep at low grasslands
d. Historic sites to amusement parks
4. The distribution of a certain species in a given area is …
a. random spacing
b. spacing patterns
c. geographic distribution
5. This kind of spacing results to competition for resources
a. random spacing
b. uniform spacing
c. clumped spacing
III. ESSAY. Explain as brief as you can.
1. Site an example of metapopulation and briefly explain why is possesses metapopulation
2. What would be the cause of immigration in a certain community, in line with metapopulation?
3. Explain why species are geographically distributed around the globe? Site an example
IV. BONUS QUESTION: Who among the reporters celebrates her birthday first? (Abellanosa,
Lagrama or Serrano?