Successfully reported this slideshow.
Plan of our presentation
●1.What is vacation?(who can take a vacation)
●2 Types of vacations
●3 Order of provision vacations accourding to Constitution of Ukraine
●4. Interesting facts. How paid vacation time is different around the world.
What is a vacation?
●A vacation is a statutory, collective agreement or employment contract
defined by the number of calendar days of continuous rest that are given
to an employee by the employer in the calendar year, with or without
payment, while maintaining the place of work (position) of the employee
for that time.
●According to Articles 2 and 6 of the Law of Ukraine "On Leave," citizens of
Ukraine who have an employment relationship with enterprises,
institutions, organizations regardless of ownership, type of activity and
sectoral affiliation, and who work under an employment contract with an
individual, have the right to leave. (hereinafter referred to as enterprise).
Foreign nationals and stateless persons who
work in Ukraine are entitled to leave on an equal
basis with nationals of Ukraine.
The right to take a vacation is guaranteed by:
●- guaranteed granting of a leave of a certain duration, with the
preservation of her period of work (position), wages (assistance) in the
cases provided for by the Law "On Leave";
●- prohibition of replacement of vacation with monetary compensation,
except in cases provided for in Art. 24 of the Law "On Leave" and Art. 83
of the Labor Code.
10 Types of Paid Time Off
Vacation pay is paid time off you give
employees to travel, spend time with family
or friends, or take a break from work.
Seventy-seven percent of employees
receive paid vacation days.
Paid sick leave is time off that an employee
can use when they are sick or injured.
Offering sick pay can reduce the chances of
illnesses going around your small business
by encouraging sick employees to stay
Employees can use personal time off to
handle things like doctor’s appointments,
car checkups, attending events (e.g., parent-
teacher conferences), and anything else
that doesn’t fall under sick or vacation time.
Holiday pay compensates employees for
time off during holidays.
Examples of federal holidays include
Memorial Day, New Year and Christmas
Paid bereavement leave is time off
employees receive when a family member
or friend passes away. Employees can use
bereavement to cope with their loss, make
arrangements, and attend funeral services.
Paid parental leave is time away from work
that employees can use for maternity leave,
paternity leave, or adoption.
If an employee gets called to serve on a jury,
you might offer jury duty pay for the time
they are away.
Paid voting time is time off employees can
use to vote in presidential and local
elections. Generally, paid voting time is
limited, as employees only need a few
hours to vote.
You might also provide paid
military leave to employees
for active duty, active duty
training, or inactive duty
Comp time is paid time off
that employees receive in lieu
of receiving overtime pay. But
in many cases, offering
compensatory time is illegal.
According to Art. 4 of the Law on Leave established the following types of leave:
1) annual vocations:
● - basic leave;
● - additional leave for work with harmful and difficult working conditions;
● - additional leave for the special nature of work;
● - other additional holidays provided by law;
2) additional leave in connection with training;
3) creative vocations;
4) social vocations;
5) vacations without salaries. Other types of holidays may be established by law,
collective agreement, agreement and employment contract.
●Order of provision vacations accourding to Constitution of Ukraine. Annual
The procedure and conditions for the provision of annual leave are regulated by Article 79 of the Labor Code and Art. 10 of the
Vacation Act. According to the norms of the said articles, granting vacation is the responsibility of the employer.
Annual additional leave at the request of the employee can be provided simultaneously with the annual main leave or separately
from it. The total duration of annual main and additional holidays may not exceed 59 calendar days, and for workers employed in
underground mining, 69 calendar days
The annual basic and additional leave is given to the employee with the calculation that
they will be used, usually before the end of the working year.
The right of the employee to annual basic and additional leave of full duration in the first year of work after six months of continuous
work at this enterprise, institution, organization.
Annual leave of full duration until the six-month period of continuous work in the first year of work at the enterprise at the request of the
employee are provided:
- women - before or after maternity leave, as well as women who have two or more children under the age of 15 or a disabled child;
- disabled people;
- persons under the age of 18 years;
- persons dismissed after completing an urgent military or alternative (non-military) service, if after being dismissed from the service
they were hired for three months, not counting the time of moving to the place of residence;
- employees who are successfully studying in educational institutions and wish to add leave to the time of passing exams, tests, writing
diploma, course, laboratory and other works stipulated by the curriculum;
- to employees who did not use at their previous place of work in full or in part annual basic leave and did not receive monetary
compensation for it;
- to parents - educators of family-type orphanages.
Holidays in connection with studies in higher educational institutions, educational institutions of
postgraduate education and postgraduate study
The right to receive this leave is provided for by Article 15 of the Law on Vacations and Article 216 of the Labo
Code. Workers who successfully study on-the-job in higher education institutions with evening and
correspondence courses of study are provided with additional paid holidays:
1) for the period of installation classes, laboratory work, passing tests and exams for students in the first and
second courses in higher educational institutions:
● first and second levels of accreditation with an evening form of training - 10 calendar days,
● third and fourth levels of accreditation with an evening form of training - 20 calendar days,
● regardless of the level of accreditation with extramural studies - 30 calendar days;
2) for the period of installation classes, laboratory work, passing tests and exams for students in the third and
subsequent courses in higher educational institutions:
● the first and second levels of accreditation with an evening form of training - 20 calendar days,
● third and fourth levels of accreditation with evening training - 30 calendar days,
● regardless of the level of accreditation with correspondence courses - 40 calendar days.
● Maternity leave:
● before delivery - 70 calendar days;
● after childbirth - 56 calendar days (70 calendar days - in the case of the birth of two or
more children and in case of complication of childbirth), starting from the day of birth.
A leave to care for a child until he reaches the age of three is partially paid.
After the end of maternity leave, at the request of the woman, she is granted maternity leave
. This vacation can be used in full or in part also by the child’s father, grandmother,
grandfather or other relatives who actually care for the child, or by the person adopting or
taking custody of the child, one of the adoptive parents and caregivers.
In accordance with Art. 16 of the Law, creative leave is granted to employees for completing dissertation works,
writing textbooks, and in other cases stipulated by law.
The duration, procedure, conditions for the provision and payment of creative leave are established by the
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Creative leave in accordance with the Terms, duration, procedure for the provision and payment of
creative leave, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 01/19/98, No. 45, is granted to
employees of enterprises regardless of their form of ownership at their main place of work , to complete a
dissertation for the degree of candidate or doctor of science, to write a textbook, as well as a monograph,
reference book and the like.
Under clause 2 of Resolution No. 45, leave for an applicant who successfully combines the main activity of
scientific work is granted for six months for the completion of a dissertation for the degree of candidate of
sciences lasting up to three months and for the degree of doctor of science. This creative leave is granted on the
basis of the employee’s application and the recommendation of the scientific (scientific and technical) council of
the central executive body or academic council of a higher educational institution of III-IV accreditation levels or
a research institute of the appropriate profile on the advisability of granting creative leave
●Interesting facts. How paid vacation time is different around the
● By law, every country in the European Union has at least four work weeks of paid
● Austria, which guarantees workers the most time off, has a legal minimum of 22 paid
vacation days and 13 paid holidays each year.
● According to the Ministry of Manpower of the Singapore government, workers in
Singapore get seven to 14 days of paid leave annually, depending upon how many years
they've been employed.
● The average private sector U.S. worker receives 16 paid vacation days and holidays.