THE RISE OF IMAGE MARKETING
• Blog posts became Facebook updates and Tumblr posts, which shrunk to
tweets, and finally to an image with Instagram or Pinterest.
• The use of visuals on social media platforms can help you craft a graphic
story around your brand’s key values and offerings. It helps show who you
are as a brand and makes consumers want to connect with you.
IMAGE MARKETING INFOGRAPHIC
• Simple thinking, visual story-telling
• The reason why this type of content works is that it’s simple thinking. Our brains
process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. About 93% of all communication is
nonverbal (Walter, 2014).
• Every year, our attention span becomes shorter. Now it’s about 3-8 seconds.
Therefore you need to grab people’s attention immediately.
• Top brands that have Pinterest pages average 46 re-pins per pin.
• This demonstrates the strong brand loyalty and attachment users have
with interacting with other users.
• Pinterest, has become a force on the internet.
• According to a new study, it’s now one of the primary ways that people
share stuff online. It even tops email (Wohlsen).
TARGET PINTEREST – CASE 1
• 91% of retail brands have cozied up to the potential buying power
of Instagram users
• Clothing boutiques have taken over Instagram!
• A boutique with the name of Shop Hopes is using Instagram to
sell and promote their clothing with pictures of models in their
outfits from head to toe, they sell shoes, purses and jewelry as
well. Buyers comment on the post to buy and are sent an email
invoice or redirected to the website to purchase directly from
THE FUTURE OF IMAGE MARKETING
• Megan MacLeod
• Assistant Director of Marketing and Promotions for the University of Memphis
WHAT TO EXPECT
• More Infographics
• More Images with Text
• Popularity of image marketing
• continue to increase
Avant, Robert. "The New Buzz in Social Media: Image Marketing." Alpha Avant. N.p., 21 Jan 2014.
Web. 13 Apr 2014. <http://alphaavant.com/journal/2014/1/18/the-new-buzz-in-social-
Bullas, Jeff. "6 Powerful Reasons Why you Should include Images in your Marketing – Infographic
Bosco, K. 2014. Interview on Image Marketing. Interviewed by Lauren Byrd [in person] University
of Memphis, April 3, 2014.
Dishman, Lydia. "Instagram Is Shaping Up To Be The World's Most Powerful Selling Tool." Forbes
Magazine. 13 Feb 2014: n. page. Print.
Graham, Jefferson. "Pinterest pins a plan for growth." USA TODAY [San Francisco] 23 August
2013, n. pag. Print.
MacLeod, M. 2014. Interview on Image Marketing. Interviewed by Lauren Byrd [in person]
University of Memphis, April 3, 2014.
Walter, Ekaterina. The Rise of Visual Social Media. http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/visual-