Stop Giving Sales to your competitors- Leverage LinkedIN to generate leads
Dramatically Increase Your Sales with Site, Search &
HARNESS THE POWER OF THE INTERNET:
● It`s a networking site specifically intended for
business; with over 100,000 million users it`s very
likely your prospects are using it.
● LinkedIN users are affluent- with a median household
income of $100,000.
● Your LinkedIN profile displays on Google when
people search your name.
What can LinkedIN do for me?
● Get access to your target customers
● Show up when users search for what you sell
● Increase your credibility by displaying
endorsements, experience, skill, education, awards
and thought leadership.
Thanks for checking out my ebook.
I've included all the information you'll need to create a LinkedIN
profile that generates leads for you.
If you need my help or want to discuss working together, please
contact me directly.
President and Internet Marketing Consultant
The New Media Group Inc.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIN:
Table of Contents
Creating your profile
3 steps to getting set up
Optimize your profile
Show up in search results
5 Steps to grow your network
Expand your reach6
Your action plan
Be social in 7 minutes a day7
Etiquette for Engagement
Do`s and Don`ts for connecting online
Measure your results
What success looks like
Getting qualified leads
10 Steps to Working your Network
About the Author
Laurel Anne Lindsay
Creating Your LinkedIN Profile:
3 steps to success
Like anything, the best way to learn is to start somewhere.
Block off an hour one evening and commit to filling out your
For best results have the following on hand
● An email address that works
● A recent, professional image you`re willing to show the
● Most recent resume
Leveraging LinkedIN to Drive Leads:
1. Create an account, using an email address you'll have access to for
the foreseeable future. This video has some great set-up tips
2. Fill out your profile 100% -Fill out your past work and school
information. Not only will this give prospects a clear snapshot of your
experience, but help you reconnect with people you may have lost touch
3. Connect with your contacts: Be sure to connect your email address,
so LinkedIN can connect you with people you already know and do
business with. This way you can see how some of your colleagues are
using LinkedIN for their business. You can find me here
If you're feeling ambitious do these 2 additional things to boost your
presence on LinkedIN
4. Endorse your contacts- write endorsements for people you`ve done
business with that you would recommend. The law of reciprocity will
ensure you will in turn get endorsed.
5. Upload visual content- add any type of multimedia you have. Whether
it`s videos or images, multimedia goes a long way to making a profile that
What words would people use if they were looking online for
what you do? Ask some customers and brainstorm. Once you have
an idea, use these Keywords in your profile in the following 5
5 places to optimize your LinkedIN profile:
1 In your heading
In your website
To do this:
To do this, click on edit to the right of your website address,
select other and type in your keywords to the left of your
Incorporate your keywords into your summary as well:
4 Ensure your job titles and description have your keywords
Ensure any multimedia files are named and described in a
manner that includes your keywords:
How to engage with your LinkedIN
Once you’ve completed and optimized your profile, the next step is to
start networking. Use these tips to stay top of mind with your
Remember to make your engagement 80% of
the time about your audience and 20% of the time
Networking online isn’t that different to
networking in person- be authentic,
knowledgeable and likeable to be successful.“
How to grow your LinkedIN network
1. Share your contact‘s posts
2. Comment and Like on your contact’s posts
3. Ask questions of your contacts
4. Deliver Valuable information
5. Post multimedia: video, images, polls etc.
6. Join Industry groups
7. Endorse your connections
8. Ask to be endorsed
9. Ask to be introduced to your network’s contacts
1. Invite your contacts by syncing up with your email account.
2. Scroll through your contact’s contacts and add anyone you
3. Request introductions to people you would like to know
4. Add contacts you meet in real life
5. Go through the People you May Know section regularly and add
people you know.
6. Post your LinkedIN profile link at the bottom of your email, on
your website and any other places where people can see it
7. Regularly contribute to Industry related groups
Your action plan- Success in 7 mins a
day:1. ADD CONTACTS: About once a month, click on
the ADD connections button on the top right and add in your email
address and password- this will help you find any contacts that
haven't connected with you on LinkedIn yet.
2. SHARE THE LOVE: Take 5 minutes a day and
comment on a few of your connection's updates- you will find they
will do the same for you. *TIP* Your comment will be seen by their
entire network, so choose your prospects with the most
activity/connections. Be funny, charming and genuinely interested in
what they have to say.
3. ENDORSE AND BE ENDORSED: Recommend
others and ask for recommendations- often people who won’t
recommend you via email will do so via LinkedIn
4. KEEP IT CURRENT: Update your profile at least
5. BE THE EXPERT: Share industry news, expert
advice using your keywords
6. IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU: Update your status 80% of
the time with others in mind, and 20% of the time talking about
yourself, your company and your offerings.
7. THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Join some groups
related to your industry or your target market's industry. Offer
comments on any conversations and activities, and provide value
by giving your expertise/opinion.
*TIP* This is a great tool to research people-
who is the best person to contact at a company?,
or where your prospect went to school
Measuring Your Results
Beyond quantity though, is quantity. Are you connecting with the
people you want to connect with?
Whether it be prospective customers or clients, or thought leaders in
your industry, you should have a “hit” list of people, businesses or
industries you want to connect with.
Set aside 30 mins every month to measure the
results of your efforts with LinkedIN.
Shown above, Google analytics is a free website performance tracker
that can tell you how much traffic you are getting from each social site.
For best results, create a page specifically for your LinkedIN
community to speak directly to their needs. . This is called landing
page and will go a long way to converting people from curious web
browsers to warm leads.
Don’t go to all this effort without regularly checking your results.
Beyond messages and phone calls from prospects, here’s how you
can measure success.
1. Measure how much of your website traffic comes from LInkedIN via
your website stats program
2; Who’s viewed your profile? - You should be showing up in search
results and your profile should be viewed regularly.
3. Your network should be growing
4. You should have regular activity on your profile and what you’re
5. You should be receiving regular recommendations and skill
10 Steps to Generating Leads with
1. Getting exposure on LinkedIn is much like being at a networking
meeting- you won’t come out with a cheque in hand, but you will
maintain contact with individuals who might have otherwise forgotten
2. Show your network what you can do: in the 20% of the posts you
make about yourself talk about what you’ve done for your existing
customers and show examples if possible
3. In your profile summary ask people to contact you. You can’t get a
yes if you don’t ask.
4. Ask for recommendations regularly- these posts go out to both your
network as well as the person that recommended you- more exposure!
5. Have a call to action- regularly share with people how they can work
with you or offer something free- an ebook, a consultation etc. and ask
people to contact you to receive their copy.
6. Start your own group or contribute regularly to industry groups. Offer
your expertise and let the group know how you can help them.
7. Closely watch your targets and find strategic ways to get their
attention. Follow their company, share their posts, network within their
8.Endeavor to get your posts shared or commented on by as many
people as possible- this will increase your visibility and virality.
9. Make it very clear exactly what you do, who you help and how to
contact you. The easier you make it for people to say “ I need to
contact that person” the better.
10. Be patient- Rome wasn’t built in a day- but one brick at a time you
can build a solid lead generation machine through LinkedIN
*TIP* If you have a smartphone, download the
LinkedIN app- it makes managing your network
easy while you’re on the go.
About the Author:
Laurel Anne Lindsay
Described as ” a grass roots, get ‘er done web
wrangler” and “a fiery dynamo”, Laurel is
passionate about harnessing the power of the internet
to help small business owners succeed.
She’s an internet marketing consultant and
President of The New Media Group.
When she’s not online, she’s adventuring outdoors
with her big red dog.
You can reach Laurel through her website, or
connecting through social media: