2011: B2B Infrastructure modernisation project 95% EUR & 85% Marketing & Sales GXS SaaS (Managed Services, e-Invoicing) 2013: Group EDI/B2B Integration Competency Centre 55% EUR, 25% Asia, 20% North America 45% MS, 25% Finances, 30% SC & GS 2015: Merge Europe & NA as one team
Knowing and Being Known.
Being Accountable. The team needs to find specific ways to hold each other accountable in areas such as regular and appropriate communication; following through on what they said they would do; and dealing quickly with conflict and offences.
Managing the complexities of Virtual Global Teams
Building a WW B2B Integration Competency Centre
Virtual Global Teams
Jean-Luc FAYE, MSc., PMP®
• EDI/B2B integration Domain Manager.
• My mission: Help organisations to achieve
value creation by bridging IS & Business,
through EDI/B2B integration.
• Hobbies: Scuba diving and Photography.
“Coming together is a beginning;
keeping together is progress;
working together is success.”
• Dedicated EDI teams in Europe and North America
• No interaction between them.
• 2011: B2B Infrastructure modernisation project
• 2013: Group EDI/B2B Integration Competency Centre
• 2015: Merge Europe & NA as one team
• Virtual Team
– Michelin EDI Teams
– OpenText | GXS Ready To Serve (RTS) team based in Manila
– OpenText | GXS resources in EMEA
– IBM resources in EMEA (and WW)
– Michelin project teams (Business & IS) in each zones
– Trading Partners
Communication is the lifeblood of any virtual team. While
the use of technology is critical to team communication,
technology alone represents only the tip of the
communication challenge iceberg.