Mystery and mystery writers and novels presentation
Mystery and mystery writers and novels
MysteryMysteries were secret cults.People who wished to be part of a group, had to preparesome type of ceremony to be accepted.
Mystery Stories• Eleusis: He was an • Dionysiach: Originally important figure in the Eleusinian mystery. From he was a God of the fifth century the ritual vegetation. The rites of was held in Athens. The the cults were much ritual was held in September and admitted more barbaric than elusis. all kinds of people except The devouring of an criminals and foreigners. animal victim was• Those elected were asked supposed to symbolize about the food they ate, and then, bathing in the the encarnation and river and were covered in resurrection of the pigs blood. The central divinity.When the victim figure of this ritual is a was dead he was buried statue of Iacchus. with and amulet to protect him from the dangers of the underworld.
• Mithraic Mysteries: The cult was of Persian origin, Mithraic worship because it was the personification of light,• Attis and Cybele: adored in that country. Their mysteries were In the beginning this focused on the rebirth of ritual was brought the God Attis, who was to Asia by Magic influenced by their religion. also an character . Then, it came to Rome Communion was usually by Asian slaves who attained with the bathing worked in the Roman in blood (taurobolium). household. Mithraic was essentially the divinity of beneficence.
Mystery writers • Dame Agatha Christie: (15th September 1890 – 12th January 1976 ). She was a writer of novels . She also wrote romances under the name Mary Westmacott, but she was most famous for her mystery novels. She wrote Murder in Mesopotamia, Death on the Nile and Crooked House among others
• Simon Mario Reuel Tolkien: (born 1959) is a British barrister and novelist. He studied at the Dragon School in Oxford and then in Downside School. His first novel, “The Stepmother” was published in 2002 and the second “The Inheritance” was published in 2010, and his third, The King of Diamonds, in 2011.
• Sarah Caudwell: Sara Caudwell was the pseudonym of Sarah Cockburn (1939 – 2000), she was a British lawyer and a writer of detective stories. She was best known for a series written between 1980 and 1999,centred around the lives of a group of young barristers practicing in Lincoln’s Inn. She wrote "The Sirens Sang of Murder" (1989), "The Oxford Book of Detective Stories" (2000) and " Women Before the Bench" (2001), among others.
The mystery of the Mona Lisa• Mona Lisa: There are many questions about the true identity the woman of the painting. In Italy, she is called La Gioconda, which means "the lighthearted woman" , the French name is La Joconde with a similar meaning. This portrait has led to the development of many theories. Many people today think she is Lisa del Giocondo, the third wife of Francesco del Gicondo
• The portrait was painted with a technique called Sfumato , developed by Da Vinci. This technique means “smoky” or “vanished” and leave its interpretation to the viewer’s imagination. This one of the reasons why the portrait is an enigma to art enthusiasts and perhaps the most famous painting in the world.
Mystery novels• The mayas: The ancient maya developed mathematics systems which allowed them to create calendars. The Maya traditions and architecture illustrated what the maya knew . Their calendar marks the seasons and they could predict rainy and dry seasons, and plan agriculture activities and ceremonies.
• The cycles of astronomy and nature were recorded by the maya on books and in art . Over seven million maya lived in Mexico , Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.
WORK DONE FOR Ana María Hagi Josselyn García Dawid K. Carlos López