There’s so many ways to help.
A presentation from:
US consumers prefer to resolve their
customers service issues using the telephone
(90%), face to face (75%), company website or
email (67%), online chat (47%), text message
(22%), social networking site (22%).
Source: America Express 2011 Global Customer Service Barometer
Give the customers what they want: service options!
Phone: The traditional route
“75% of customers
believe it takes too
long to reach a live
“58 percent of
not met because a
phone and e-mail.”
You’ve got mail!
Maybe you can’t always solve a customer’s
problem the way he/she wants you to, but you
Respond quickly (and in their language, see:
Try to find another solution
Handle the situation gracefully
Excellent example: Amazon Sends "Best
Customer Service E-mail I've Ever Received“ -
Picture source: lifehacker.com
• “77% of those who used live
chat agree that the channel
positively influenced their
attitude about the retailer
who offered the channel.”
• “79% prefer it because their
questions are answered
immediately, while 51% prefer
live chat because they can
The new social service…
and they want them
Facebook: It’s not just for pictures and gossip.
Twitter: 140 characters can say a lot
When people are angry, they want to be heard.
Twitter gives us the platform to say what we
want to say, when we want to say it, and
there’s hundreds, sometimes thousands, there
to read it.
Take this customer for example, who bought
some promoted tweets so he could blast a
company’s customer service for all the
Twitterverse to see: http://ow.ly/oBspK
Can I find the answer by myself?
Self-service has exploded across
almost all industries today. Take for
Grocery store self checkouts
Website FAQs (Don’t forget about
this crucial page!)
Top 10 Elements of a Great Online Experience
• Getting my issue resolved quickly (82%)
• Getting my issue resolved in a single interaction (56%)
• Dealing with a friendly customer service representative (45%)
• Being able to follow up with the same person if necessary (37%)
• Being able to record, print, save a copy of the interaction with the brand (28%)
• Having follow-up after the inquiry to ensure I am satisfied (27%)
• Providing me with customized offers (27%)
• Being able to do other things while my issue is resolved (21%)
• Not having to speak to someone (17%)
• Having a personalized experience (17%)
Bad Service = Money Lost
Whatever your customer’s
preference – self help, chat,
email, phone, or any other
method, it needs to be done
right! Otherwise, that’s just
money wasted, and for some
methods, that can really add
$- $2.00 $4.00 $6.00 $8.00 $10.00
Cost of Support
Cost of Support
“86 percent of consumers will pay more for a
better customer experience.”
“89 percent of consumers began doing business
with a competitor following a poor customer
Good support = A good customer experience, which also
can = A guaranteed repeat customer.
Need we say more?
• If you have international
customers, and want the
ability for your support agents
to respond to those customers
in their own language, talk to
us, we might be able to help.