- Tap to Pay turns virtually anyone into a
- Using a Virtual Store hosted on Raspberry Pi
- You can Bring your “Lemonade Stand” into
- Makers want to sell inventions made at the
Makers station, to a local farmers wanting to
sell at the market
- Light and Lethal Way
- Make Small Transaction on the Fly
What is it?
- To become a vendor, Simply Login to Virtual
Store on your Raspberry Pi
- Setup your item to sell.
- Buyers - Login to the mobile app
- Tap Phone to the button on the Raspberry
- Immediately Receive the charge on your
How is it built?
- Redis database
- Web Sockets/Restful API
- Uses phone’s accelerometer & timestamps
- iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, every
device with an accelerometer (even iPod
Why is it so cool?
- Safe (no credit card required)
- Affordable ($35)
- Interactive (Touch, Physical Item
- Easy (Reduces Friction in payment
process by eliminating credit card)
- Support Local & Small Business (Reduces
barriers to entry to become a vendor)
- Potential to Change the Market for
Vendors and Buyers alike