Density is the weight or mass of a unit volume of wood, and
specific gravity the ratio of the density of wood to that of water.
Some examples include:
- Lead has a density of 11.3 g / cm 3.
- Milk is 1.03 g / cm 3.
- Carbon Monoxide is 0 .00125 g / cm 3.
WHAT IS DENSITY?
HOW TO CALCULATE DENSITY?
DENSITY = MASS
1. You have a mineral with a volume of
15cm^3 and a mass of 45g. What is its
2. You have a different mineral with a
volume of 15cm^3 and a mass of 75g.
What is its density?
3. In the example below, which mineral is
HOW TO FIND THE DENSITY?
In able to find the density of a
liquid, it should be measured by
using device known as