SRB551- SPORT SPONSORSHIP PREPARED BY: NURSYAFIQAH BT SALAMAT (2011570387)NORHASRIANI BT MUHD NOR (2011556703) NUR AQILA BT ROSLAN (2011175543) NUR SHAFIKAH BT SHAARI (2011175409)MUHAMMAD AZRUL NIZAM B. ZAINAL ABIDIN (2011309519)
1. 2. 3. Shape Communicate Heighten commitment consumer to a particular visibility attitudes lifestyle Ø Sponsored property Ø IndividualizedØ Wide represents for communicationexposure of brandswith Ø Opportunitiesevents huge are divisible byØ Vast publicity advertisement age,income,opportunities budget geography and Ø Image driven gender
4. 6. 5. 7. Business to business Differentiate Entertain Merchandising marketing: product from clients opportunities incenting competitors the trade Ø SponsoringØ Compeon offers Ø Marketers needfor shelf space Ø Sponsor for to have relevant opportunities forØ Sponsorship of hospitality promotions for categoryall types can be opportunities consumers at the exclusivityused to incent Ø Networking point of purchase Ø Platform forwholesalers, (P-O-P) creatingretailers, dealers currency withand other customersintermediaries inthe distributionchannel
9. 8. 10. 11. Combat larger Achievement Showcase advertisement Drive of multiple product budgets of sales objectives attributes competitors Ø Promoon sales Ø SponsorshipØ A1enon to Ø Technique offers theproduct beneﬁts Ø Cost used such as possibility ofØ Demonstrate eﬀecveness fund-raising achievingproduct in acon effort around its several goals sponsorship, at once giving free admission or pass with the purchase of the products
• Originally, sponsorship domain of beer and tobacco company but nowadays, the biggest users include packaged goods, retail and ﬁnancial services.• If a company have an activation and over servicing, it will produce sponsorship and advertising.
Most active business categories in sponsorship Category sporng goods 7% 10% media retailer 7% banks/ﬁnancial services telecommunicaon 9% 8%
Connuity Image -‐ability to Compability extend -‐to impose our brands personality Media -‐ Draw broadcast and print coverage around the world Ability To Incent Retailers -‐ To convince retailers Ability To Leverage Audience -‐ Have a mul-‐ Composion brand involvement. -‐ The populaon of people surrounds
Exclusivity Product -‐ Category of Showcase exclusivity -‐ Credibility of product. Eﬃciency oﬀered -‐ Strategy of sponsorship use. Ability To Impact Consumer Sales -‐the creavity of promoon. Measurability Ease Of -‐ The successful of Administraon process. -‐ The management of the organizer.
1)Enhancing visibility or awareness • Posive publicity helps create heightened visibility of products or services. • Seeking wide exposure. • Using print and media electronic. 2)Enhancing image • Improved perceived targets audience. • Be as a caring organizaon. • Looking for the event that have a rub-‐oﬀ eﬀect.
3)Developing distribuon channels • Ways to fasters closer es with distribuon. • Involved distributors fully in promong campaigns by presents opportunity. • Socialize key decision makers with provides opportunity. 4)Reaching new markets segments • Strategy to reach new subscribers/market • A1enon of a broad audience of similar interest.
5) Differentiating From 6) Gaining Recognition inCompetitors a Market " To counteract other Ø Used sponsorship to gain competitors by sponsoring. recognition in the market" Goal – Increase visibility, dominated by larger companies target audiences often for certain brand. perceive sponsorship in a Ø While in the packaged goods positive way. market the primary brand is the product, in services the entire company becomes the brand.
7) Developing a bonding 8) Bypassing legal constraintsbetween consumers, distributorsand/or employees• Intention to boost the morale of v More of oblique use ofits employees. sponsorship.• Exclusively to impress clients v Others eg: polemical(e.g. Visa sponsorship of the products, clutter, zapping inRugby World Cup in 2003, was medias and the increase ofamong others things, used as a leisure time devoted to sportsplatform for an extensive (Meenaghan, 1999).employee reward andmotivation scheme worldwide).
q Mor e readily ‘measured’. q Easy to assess the eﬀecveness of an on sit e sales promoon or increase in store traﬃc
1) S t r e t c h i n g t h e 3) I n c r e a s i n g c o m m u n i c a 3 o n m e r c h a n d i s i n g budget. ac3vity v Eg : Jom Heboh v E . g . s i g n i n g a n a g r e e m e n t t o become the “Oﬃcial 2) Promo3ng repeat S o c D r i n k ” f o r purchases Marathon-‐100Plus v Objecves: v E.g. arranged i) To increase sales, for free admission shares, proﬁts privileges by ii) T o p r o j e c t t h e purchases other image in the minds products of consumers.