Renew ourminds-BeTransformed,Rom 12:2What so ever things areholy, pure, of a good reportthink on these things.Put off the old self & former life & berenewed in the spirit of our minds.Eph. 4:22-24
• Thoughts can generate from 3 sources• You-from what you’ve learned or heard (Learn to dogood-Is 1:17; Not after vanity Eph. 4:17)• God-Through His word and His Spirit-thoughts tobuild you up. (My thoughts are higher that yourthoughts Is 55:9; James 1:13 & 21)• The Enemy-Lies, negative and destructive thoughts(Prov. 6:18-One thing God hates is one that devisesevil plans/imaginations)
II Corin. 10:4-5: 4. For the weapons of ourwarfare are not carnal (according to theflesh), but mighty in God for pulling downstrongholds (strong places): 5. Castingdown imaginations(arguments/faultyreasoning), and every high thing (proudobstacle) that exalts itself against theknowledge of God, bringing every thoughtinto captivity to the obedience of Christ.
• II Corin. 10:4-6 (The Message)-4. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing ormanipulation, but they are for demolishing thatentire massively corrupt culture. 5. We use ourGod-tools for smashing warped philosophies,tearing down barriers erected against the truth ofGod, fitting every loose thought and emotion andimpulse into the structure of life shaped byChrist. 6. Our tools are ready at hand forclearing the ground of every obstruction andbuilding lives of obedience in maturity.
• For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal• We walk in the flesh as human beings, we do not waraccording the to flesh• Our weapons are not material (like swords/spears) butspiritual-It’s a spiritual warfare-We wrestle not againstflesh & blood but principalities, powers, spiritualwickedness. (Eph. 6:12)-we overcome them by spiritualwarfare.• This spiritual weapons rely on our faith in God (e.g. belt oftruth, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith, shoesof the gospel, helmet-salvation, sword-the word of Godand prayer.)
But mighty in God for pulling downstrongholds We need to demolish or destroy strongholds Strongholds-A formation of a mental imageof something that is neither perceived asreal nor present to the senses. It is anunrealistic notion. A plan, a scheme(Webster Dictionary)
• Why would God tell us to destroy strong holds?• Strongholds (faulty reasoning/concept) are likeconcrete walls we’ve built over the course of years toprotect ourselves from hurt or harm.• However these strongholds can become our prisonsinstead of protection, where we no longer control them,they control us.• Through life experiences, we can develop strongholdsin our minds that are toxic thoughts that have adverseeffects on our thinking process and our bodies.• If you tell a lie often enough, and loud enough, peoplewill believe it. (Adolf Hitler)
How to spiritually destroy strong holds Forgive quickly-Agree with your adversary quickly. Matt. 5:15 Let not the root of bitterness build up in your heart. Heb 12:14-15 Pray for those who despitefully use you Matt. 5:44. Focus on good thoughts not negative thoughts. Phil. 4:8 Meditate on His promises-that no weapon formed will prosper.God is for us. Rom. 8:31 Confess your faults one to another-pray for healing. James 5:16 Read the Word of God-Be transformed by the renewing of yourmind. Forgive yourself-I john 1:9 (confess your faults He is faithful andjust to forgive…
• Don’t have a pity party-Feeling sorry foryourself• Self pity is torment that indicates yourbondage/captivity to an experience or aperson.• Self pity is the superglue to your past• It is your job to take control of your thoughts byapplying the Word of God to move intoforgiveness of those things or people whohave hurt you, used you, abused you etc.
• Breaking strongholds in your thinking• Article on Journey2Wholeness-Positivethoughts can actually create more dendritenerve fibers in the brain.• It takes 28 days to create new means ornew habits of thinking.• One element she mentions in creating newhabits of thinking in the process offorgiveness-Let go of the past.
• Casting down imaginations (arguments) and every high thing(proud obstacle) that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.• Carnal, worldly ways of thinking and doing things our way arearguments against the mind and methods of God.• There is no other more powerful or effective way of comingagainst arguments/imaginations then by applying God’s wordsand His ways to our situations.• Throw away every image which exalts itself against God’s planfor you.• Challenge the lies that come from the enemy. (ex. that Goddoesn’t really love us)• Cast down wrong images and raise up the vision that God hasfor us, that He will bring good to our latter end.
• Bringing every thought into captivity to theobedience of Christ.• We are not helpless victims or recipients of ourthoughts.• When we start to think in carnal ways, we muststop our thoughts and take dominion over them inChrist.• We can choose to stop our thoughts of lust, fear,anger, bitterness, hate, evils and bring them intothe obedience of Christ.• Cast down harmful, vain imaginations.
II Corin. 10:4-5 For the __________of our________ are not_______ but_______ in God for ________down ______. Casting Down ________ andevery______ that exalts itself against the_____ of God, bringing every _____into_____ to the _____of Christ.
II Corin. 10:4-5: For the weapons of ourwarfare are not carnal (according to theflesh), but mighty in God for pulling downstrongholds (strong places): 5. Castingdown imaginations(arguments/faultyreasoning), and every high thing (proudobstacle) that exalts itself against theknowledge of God, bringing every thoughtinto captivity to the obedience of Christ.