1 / GET READY...
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
(in the non-creepy sense)
• Review who will be at the career fair and follow the companies
you’re interested in on social media.
• Explore the job opportunities with each employer and study
their: vision, mission, strategic plan and culture.
• Connect with company recruiters on LinkedIn.
• Make sure your profiles have a professional headshot and you’re
sharing relevant industry-related content.
1 / GET READY...
WHO ARE YOU?
A FEW WRITTEN TALKING POINTS
• Remember: Where’s your
resume taking you?
• Use your objective statement
as your 30-second
elevator pitch (summary of
• You can include relevant
coursework, like projects and
research, as experience.
• Proof read for any typos or
grammatical errors before you
print it on resume paper.
HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES
(select the appropriate attire)
• Select attire in neutral colors such as black, grey, navy, or tan.
• Add a pop of color with a cami or jewelry for girls and a tie, cuf
flinks, or pocket square for guys.
• Wear comfortable dress shoes.
• Practice your handshake.
(your elevator pitch)
2 / GET SET...
INTRODUCE YOURSELF: “Hi, my name is...”
TELL THEM WHO YOU ARE: “I’m a third year student at...
and I am stuyding...”
MAKE THE CONNECTION: “I understand that your company is
TELL THEM WHY YOU’RE THERE: “I’m passionate about ... and
would like to pursue a career in the ... field. As a result, I’m seeking a
job opportunity in ... that will allow to .... within your company.”
PRACTICE YOUR PITCH.
(the highlights of you)
BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT.
(things to remember during the fair)
• Give a solid handshake
• Deliver a dynamic elevator pitch (Practice makes perfect)
• Ask specific questions about the company and position(s)
• Discuss your qualifications
• Establish a meaningful connection; tell the recruiter why you are
interested in their organization
• Take notes on pertinent information
• Make sure you obtain contact information for a follow-up
3 / GET HIRED!
• Follow up with a thank
• Start applying for desired
• Connect with the recruiters
AFTER THE FAIR