• FACULTY OF PHILOSOPHY, LETTERS AND SCIENCE OF EDUCATION • LANGUAGE SCHOOL • Student: Luis Maldonado • Course: 4to bilingual • Topic: The Snuff
The snuff is an agriculturalproduct native to America andprocessed from the leaves ofvarious plants of the genusNicotiana tabacum. Is consumedin various forms, the mainproducing combustion fumes. Hisparticular nicotine content makes itvery addictive. Some authors donot believe nicotinedependence, asis afirmarse.1 lawfullymarketed world wide,although inmany countries hasnumerous restrictions onconsumption, because of adverseeffects to public health
• Definition• Smoking (inhale and exhale the smoke produced by burning snuff), leads to chronic poisoning called smoking. The dried leaves of the plant are smoked in a pipe snuff or pure, but the most widespread form is the cigar or cigarette.
• History• The snuff is a native plant of America. The first Europeans who came to America found that the Indians smoked the leaves of snuff pipe, and introduced the practice in Europe in the mid-sixteenth century. Later, the French diplomat Jean Nicot, who should plant the generic name (Nicotiana), was introduced to the rest of Europe from where it spread progressively to the rest of the world.
• With the lighting of a cigarette are released several com ponents: tar, cyanide, benzene, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen and nicotine just to name a few.
• Snuff Addiction Nicotine, an alkaloid of snuff, is the main component when it comes to physical dependence that creates this habit because it is a highly addictive drug. Smoking affects the heart in several ways. Although most people are very familiar with the relationship between cigarette smoking and lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, many still unaware of this habit as a risk factor in hypertension and in total pathology circulatory. The smoker: Your social environment and needs. Smoking seems to be, in its origin, the product of the socialization of the individual. The concept of socialization denotes the process by which culture
Need to enhance their positive feelings or lessen negative feelings.Reasons for Identification with smoking the environment. Psychological addiction.
• Smoking is the biggest epidemic facing humanity and, like other diseases that depend on human behavior is a high morbidity and mortality. Legal addiction, consumption is stimulated freely, at least in our country. Its impact on the human being understood when you know that in the U.S. 300,000 people die each year and in our country with a population nine times less, 40,000. WHO is currently estimated at 1,000 million the number of smokers in the world, or about a third of the population 15 and older. Out of this total, 800 million live in developing countries.
• Smoking is not only "a habit" is also a drug, since the act of smoking snuff meets all the criteria that define the use of a substance as such: -Existence of tolerance -Unit -Withdrawal in the absence of the same Compulsive behavior
The head of the dependence is nicotine, asubstance with a great power of addiction like otherdrugs such as heroin or cocaine.The form of dependence that smoking generates is:Physical dependence, caused directly by nicotineand is responsible for the withdrawal.Psychological dependence, smoking has become acompany in every situation, after meals, with coffee,talking on the phone, etc ... and itseems impossible to change this relationship
Why are you quitting? The main one is that the use of snuff is the Carbon leading cause of Tars monoxide, which is preventable (benzopyrene, and nitro responsible for moredisease and preventabl samines) accounted for than 15% of e mortality 30% of all cardiovascular in developed cancers (bladder, kidney disease. countries. 19% of , pancreas, stomach, et Nicotine produces p cases of mortality is c..), And 90% of lung hysical dependence. the cause of snuff cancer. In prevention. addition, the snuff is In the snuff multiple the cause substances found in 80% mortalitymuch harmful to health. from chronic lung Among them, notable processes. for its damaging effects:
• How to Quit Smoking Smoking cessation is due to undergo a series of temporal processes in attitude towards the habit and need to go through them in order to adopt an attitude of neglect. Stages of smoking: Precontemplation stage. The smoker enjoys smoking and does not pose any problem, it is a consonant smoker Ie smoking and are sure he does well. At this stage, smokers are under 30 years, with no associated diseases or not to snuff. Nearly half of smokers are at this stage. Approach phase or contemplation. The smoker is raised and the possible health consequences of smoking, and some positive to quit. Start being a smoker dissonant, ie smoke but you think it is wrong to do so. 30% of smokers are at this stage. Action Phase. The smoker is obliged to quit, passes to a more dissonant chord is known that smoking is bad and leaves. This step is repeated several times in the evolution of the unit will pass to the contemplation and action repeatedly. 20% of smokers areat this stage. Consolidation or maintenance phase. One can say that at this stage are those smokers who take more than 6 months of abstinence. Do not smoke anything but up to 12 months can not be considered as an ex- smoker. Phase of relapse. It occurs in a variable percentage of cases, it will normally pass to the contemplation stage and take more or less to return to action. It is accompanied by a loss of self esteem.
conclusionscientifically, smoking is bad not onlyfor our health but for our family, since thisis something that tends to destroy not onlythe health of smoking, but wholefamilies, we must raise awareness of theconsequences of smokingand addiction react to the evil we aredoing to the environment, ourhealth and all the evil that this impliesfor entire families.