What is it?
• SlideShare is a social network and online platform
• Mission: “Our mission is to connect the world's
professionals to allow them to be more productive
and successful. Our services are designed to
promote economic opportunity for our members by
enabling you and millions of other professionals to
meet, exchange ideas, learn, and find opportunities
or employees, work, and make decisions in a
network of trusted relationships.”
Who uses it?
• For professional,
academic use. For
both students and
When do we use it?
• Ideal use: to deliver assingments before/after class,
e.g at home, library.
• Other uses: e.g. during class (as an activity), self-
study time, free time, homework uploading.
Where do we use it?
• Ideal places use: to deliver assignments outside the
• Other places to use: inside the classroom, self-
access rooms, library, CTIC, language laboratory,
home, and anyWi-Fi access spot.
What do we do with it?
• Ideal use: social
Teacher uploads the
students can find it
Why do we use it?
• Ideal use:
Teachers: e.g. revise students’ uploaded
assignments through a public platform
Students: e.g. find relevant information easily about
What else is about it?
• SlideShare is part of the LinkedIn family since 2012.
• SS offers to upgrade your account from
$29.99/month, giving you a free trial for 30 days.
• As part of LinkedIn you are able to share not only
presentations but apply for jobs and connect to
other people in the professional area.
• Business Leads is a new feature to make a campaign
for people to reach your content.
Where can I find SlideShare?
• LinkedIn SlideShare App
ACTIVITIES or USES:
1.Sort out the
words according to
the part of the
speech they are.
2. Create a short
story using as many
words as you can.
3. Wall poster for
vocabulary of the
4. Find words
related to... (topic)