Ulladulla High School BYO..
“Beyond the Swell”
The future is not a place we are going.
It is a place we are making.
The paths to the future are made, not
And the process of making them changes
both us and our final destination.
What is 21st
ing our students
for a future
21st Century Skills
defined from the
Forum 2010 (
• Ways of thinking. Creativity,
critical thinking, problem-
solving, decision-making and
• Ways of working. Communication and
• Tools for working. Information and
communications technology (ICT)
and information literacy
• Skills for living in the
world. Citizenship, life and
career, and personal and social
‘is... and always
has been about the
Bring your own
bring your own
Setting the Scene• Building a Culture of “give it a
go”... collaboration...twitter, FB,
etc part of what we do.
• With a strong focus on
• Ongoing communication of
“normalizing” the digital. App of
the week, Roll marking, Project
based learning, every week PL
brekkie with a techie (Bits and
Bytes) with staff, paperless
Term 4 BYO..T
Policy and Planning to be in
Process• Technology Team- setting
• Assistance from DET Support
• TSO- focus on building experience of
devices that are working on our
• Newsletter focus on Discussion and
articles with BYO..T.
• Parent and P & C consultation
• Student Consultation through SRC
• Policy development based on DEC
model. Student Policy use.
• Project Based Learning Project for
• Equity access process- We want
your feedback on the 3 options.
• Suppliers in town with recommended
devices that work on our system.
Will be in place for Term 4.
We seek your
view, on BYOD.
We want our students to be world class
learners Beyond the Swell....UHS!