Step by step Photoshop
1. Take a medium close up photo of
your model and upload it onto your
2. Edit the photo so that it is the right
shades and has the right effect,
suitable for your magazine cover.
3. New layer. Decide on a masthead for
your magazine cover, and choose a
font from www.dafont.com.
4. You can edit the effect on the font by
downloading brushes and printing
them directly onto the text.
5. New layer. I then added a skyline by
going to the marquee tool and
dragging a rectangle to the size I want
it and selecting the colour I want and
6. New layer. I wrote on this skyline by
using a textbox and adjusting it once I
had written what I wanted to say.
7. New layer. I then added the date and
issue number underneath the
masthead and some features to attract
the typical student audience; I did this
by simply using a textbox and connecting with colours I had already
8. Because the model is my main feature
in the magazine, like most magazines,
the writing needs to be eye catching,
so I added a new layer and then made a
textbox, writing in what I wanted and
selecting the colour that matched and
connected the whole cover.