What is land pollution?
By the way , what is land ?
-Land is the solid part of the earth which
covers ¼ of the earth surface.
What is pollution?
-Pollution is the excess waste of man
which destroys our environment.
Now, what is land pollution?
-Land pollution is the pollution on our
planet’s land surface.
For your another information read this…...
The human population continues
grow, and garbage production
continues to increase. The open
landfills in the Philippines , called
Smoky Mountain, is home to more
than 20,000 people. These people live
and work here but suffer greatly from
The process of contamination of
the land surface of earth referred
to as land pollution. It results from
human activities that cause an
imbalance of nature. Dumping
human and industrial waste,
harmful agricultural practices and
exposing the land to harmful
chemicals leads to the pollution of
CAUSES OF THE LAND
Land Pollution is the result of human misuse of
Below is a list of the common causes of land
1. Increase in urbanization- construction uses up forestland.
2. Domestic wastes- every single day, tons and tons of domestic waste are
dumped raging from huge pieces of rubbish such as unused refrigerator to fish
3. Agricultural activities- excessive use to pesticides and chemical fertilizers
causes soil contamination and prove harmful to the animal and plant life.
4. Industrial activities-the excavation and mining activities lead to the loosening
5. Technological Wastes- computer parts and other worn out , old machines had
added to the land pollution.
6. Deforestation- is one of the major causes of loosening of soil, that in turn
causes soil erosion.
7. Increase Solid Waste Disposal- most of the solid wastes, like paper, plastic
containers, bottles, cans, and even used cars and electronic goods are not
The toxic materials can get into the
human body directly by: (1) Coming
into contact with the skin;(2)Being
washed into water sources like
reservoirs and rivers.(3) Eating fruits
and vegetables that have been
grown in polluted soil;
and(4)Breathing in polluted dust or
EFFECTS OF LAND POLLUTION
How does land pollution affect the environment?
1. One of the major consequences of land pollution is the imbalance of
nature, resulting from the harm caused to the wildlife and vegetation on
the land (exterminates wild life).
2. It adversely affects the human respiratory system and result in various
skin problems if the toxic materials of the soil come in contact with the
3. Pesticides which cause land pollution can damage crops ;kill vegetation ;
and poison birds, animals, and fish.
4. When contaminated soil is washed away in the water reservoirs, it leads
to the water pollution, which lethal to the aquatic flora and fauna.
5. The soil contaminants are driven by the wind, causing air pollution,
which is detrimental to health.
6. Solid waste pose a health treat to people.
REDUCING LAND POLLUTION
The concept of the reducing land pollution takes into
account. Reduction of waste is also important. Here some
ways to reduce land pollution.
1. Disposal of Wastes- Several steps should be taken to
ensure that the waste gets disposed into the most
harmless way, i.e. produces less or no toxins.
2. Recycling and Reuse- People should buy and use
products that have been recycled.
3. Go organic-Go organic that’s the teaching for avoiding
4. Grow More Trees-Initiative should be taken to grow more
5. Efficient Use of Resources-There should be minimal