Sales Management refers
to the art of achieving
the sales targets within
the stipulated time
It enables the sales
representatives to close
sales deals quickly and
Communication is vital
for a sales to be effective.
4. Communication and Effective
• What is communication?
Communication is the sending and receiving of data/information between 2 or
• When is communication ‘effective’?
A communication is effective when the process of exchanging ideas, thoughts,
opinions, knowledge, and data is done in way so that the message is received and
understood with clarity and purpose. When we communicate effectively, both
the sender and receiver feel satisfied.
5. GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
BAD COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• making good eye contact
• sitting or standing attentively
• nodding as the other person
• smiling and responding to the
• speaking clearly
• waiting your turn to speak
• looking away, or rolling your
• tapping your fingers, or
• crossing your arms and
6. ROLE OF
• Communication plays an
important role in sales
• Sales professionals need to
be good communicators for
the desired impact.
• It is absolutely not possible
to close a sales deal without
7. Importance of Communication in sales
i. Improves client relationships
ii. Increases sale effectiveness
iii. Boosts employee confidence
iv. Increases goodwill
8. How to IMPROVE communication?
Keep the sales pitch simple and precise.
Be aware of your tone while talking with customers.
Don’t interfere while the other party is speaking. LISTEN.
Be transparent - don’t provide fake promises.
Be calm – don’t lose your patience
Include warm greetings in your conversation for a
9. Thus, it is of utmost importance to inculcate communication
skills as sales personnel. Doing this will increase the chances
of success by ten folds and elevate the pride of your
organization to a new height.