Where do tornadoes happen?
Exploring through data analysis
• These slides can be incorporated in classroom
instruction in different ways:
– Class discussion
– Interactive group activities
• Consider writing the questions on butcher paper.
Having students write their answers and compare.
• Split students into groups and have them work together
• See the notes section of each slide for
• What patterns did you notice in the datasets?
• Did you notice any correlations between the
• Were there any areas that you expected to
find correlations, where in fact, there were
• What surprised you about these datasets?
• What additional information would be useful
to see represented as a visual dataset?