KDMedia Startup Marketing Consultants: Who We Are and How We Work
Who We Are // How We Work
KDMedia is the team that kickstarts and scales
your startup’s content marketing program.
Who We Are
Meg Scarborough is a Partner and Digital Content Strategist
at KDMedia. She is a communications professional
specializing in B2B and B2C content marketing, social media
strategy and branding, with a focus on startups in the
Kristin Dziadul is the Founder of KDMedia. A content marketing expert
for B2B technology companies, she’s a startup marketer who formally
begin and led the marketing teams at Crashlytics (acquired: Twitter)
and Backupify (acquired: Datto).
It’s not about ideas.
It’s about making ideas happen.
What We Do
// Services //
● Marketing Strategy
● Content Marketing
● Social Media Marketing
● Email Marketing
● Lead Generation
● Marketing Training
Who We Work With
A Sample of Clients
Past & Present
Like any good relationship, it all starts with
Without trust, we simply can’t do great work together.
At KDMedia, we build trust with our clients through:
● A thorough discovery process uncovering your
company’s unique strengths, challenges and
● Collaboration and insightful discussions—not just
assignments and deliverables. (Don’t worry—we
do those, too.)
● Honest feedback. If we think you’re barking up
the wrong tree, we’ll tell you.
● Testing and analysis, to find out what’s working
for your company. There’s no such thing as one-
Ready for the Trust Fall?
How We Work
Our process is not for everyone. Great content marketing requires a long-term commitment and we
ask our clients to be on board with that. We believe in a partnership and in becoming a true extension
of your team. This delivers the best chance of success for both sides.
We accomplish this through:
● Transparent Pricing: We use project-based pricing, usually with a monthly retainer. (We don’t do hourly pricing)
● Long-term Partnerships: We prefer to work with startups over many months, if not years. Many of our best clients have
been with us since the day we opened our doors. We value the trust and collaboration of long partnerships.
● Flexible Workflow: As startup marketers, we know priorities change, timelines shift and ad-hoc projects come up, so we’
re your right-hand team to help you get whatever needs to get done done—fast.
● Direct Communication: We strive to say what we mean, mean what we say and leave the BS out.
● Frequent Communication: We have regular team calls and reports so everyone knows what’s happening.
● Goal-Setting: We define clear goals and objectives up-front that both sides agree on.
● Tailored Strategies: We develop tailored communications plans that speak to your unique situation.
● Technology: We leverage technology to keep our partnership seamless and efficient.
● Scientific Rigor: We love to iterate. Give us a little leeway and we’ll get you a whole lotta results!
Wondering if KDMedia is a good fit for
Check out the five principles we live and die by:
● Communicate fearlessly to build trust
● Ship it! (And ship awesome)
● Grow our business in a way that makes us
● Let our passion and personality shine
● Innovate through experimentation
Sound good? Keep reading...
At KDMedia we communicate often, proactively and
honestly. Our partnerships survive and thrive on
That’s why we recommend weekly calls and are
always available via email, Slack or phone. Depending
on the project, we will also send weekly and/or
monthly reports and recommendations for how we
can continuously improve together.
At KDMedia we’re passionate about getting our
work out the door on time. We’re adamant about
timeliness, because we understand that our
startup clients have to move fast to stay ahead.
We don’t stop there, though. It’s no good to deliver
on time if what you’re delivering is less than
awesome. That’s why you can expect us to
regularly go above and beyond, whether we’re
drafting a blog post, sharing best practices or
proposing a marketing test. We’re relentless and
Grow Our Business In A Way
That Makes Us Proud
KDMedia is very selective about whom we
work with—contractors and clients alike.
Every partnership decision represents the
future direction of KDMedia. We strive to
ensure that every client relationship, every
deliverable and every interaction is
memorable, valuable and will ensure
growth and success with our clients.
Let Our Passion and
Do it with passion or not at all.
We’re a team of passionate marketers. We
love our jobs. Every KDMedia team
member represents the personality of
KDMedia. We can’t wait for you to meet
We’re not afraid to propose and test new ideas—whether on our own or for our
clients. We’re hungry to learn more every day so we can continue adding value to
What sparks personality into the KDMedia brand is the fact that we’re not afraid to
try things—so long as it’s in your best interests.
Our intention is that this document sheds some light on our core beliefs and how we
build successful relationships with our clients. We want to make sure both parties are
comfortable working together and working towards mutual success.
What to expect next:
● We will set up a call to discuss your goals
● Together, we will define what is valuable to you in this project
● Aligning with your goals, we will determine the project’s timeframe
● We will review the budget and set expectations to lay the foundation for a great
Ready to get started?
Get in touch by visiting kdmedianow.com/work-with-us/
or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we’ve already been in touch, simply reach back out when you’re ready to get the conversation started!