December 2020 shareholder and subscriber database cleanup
Shareholder / Subscriber List Clean Up
The Best Shareholders, Are The Ones You Already Have.
• Accumulating thousands of names in a database has little value if no one calls them.
• Most company contact lists are full of incorrect or completely missing information.
• People move, they get promoted, they change jobs, they change email, they retire. (they die.)
• Our people provide a warm friendly voice that re-engages thousands of warm supporters a year.
• We reconfirm their interest in your company, we update their contact information, and we forward
time-sensitive opportunities such as meeting requests or an updated presentation in real time.
We Don’t Just Sort and Organize.
• We engage your supporters and transform your contact list into living data.
• We find out who’s still alive, who remembers you, and who wants an update.
• It’s not a sales call. It’s not a robotic questionnaire. It’s allowing shareholders a voice, gathering their
input, and having it makes a difference.
• Every conversation is an opportunity to provide a quick update, identify a problem, or simply keep your
STOCK SYMBOL top-of-mind.
Our Calls Have Value.
• A shareholder who feels part of the company tends to buy more, sticks around when times are
tough, and recommends your stock to others.
• Confirming their interest in the company and sharing the updated story is the objective but it
needs to be done within a framework of building and maintaining relationships.
They pitch. We listen.
• The median age of accredited investors is between 60 and 64 years old, the perfect
demographic to appreciate an actual phone call.
• With hundreds of thousands of outbound calls behind us, 99% of our calls are well-received.
• Even if your latest press release wasn’t stellar, most people appreciate a call from a real person.
Our Calls Are Real
• Organic – conversations are natural rather than rigidly scripted.
• Responsive – Our people are seasoned well-trained IR professionals. They understand the
Capital Markets, IIROC, and they don’t make promises or create chaos.
Our Clients Tend to Have Two Lists.
The “super private list” …and everyone else.
• Keep the super private list to yourself - You’re already talking to that list regularly.
• It’s the everyone else list that gets neglected, so every call we make is upside.
• The “everyone else” list includes the hundreds or thousands of business cards and contacts our clients
have accumulated from the Investing News Network, various trade shows, AGM’s, investor roadshows, or
random online subscribers.
• Our people hear, “...I am so surprised to hear from a REAL PERSON…” a lot.
• Most IR professionals do not have time to make 100’s or 1000’s of telephone calls.
People Forget - Shareholders Are Customers.
• Our calls spark renewed interest and requests for more information - not mass selling.
• An up-to-date list won’t matter if your shareholders don’t feel valued.
• We automatically assume every call is a mystery shopper. We expect to be tested.
But You Need Experienced Miners.
Straight to the point – our calls will uncover multiple positive opportunities.
You will get re-acquainted with retail and institutional contacts you long forgot about.
You will get meeting requests people who are excited to receive a full update.
You will likely experience increases in trading volumes.
You will see significant increases in Website, LinkedIn and other Social Media traffic.
We make these outreaches the way you would. Safely, discretely, carefully, and effectively.
We never make promises or over-promote.
We simply touch base, update their information, and send you the renewed opportunities.
Stop Sending Press Releases To Deceased People.
TSX-V Listed Mining Company.
Provided a list of approx. 7700 contacts for us to declutter/update/provide an update.
Over half of the subscriber/shareholder list was incorrect or missing vital information.
84 were deceased, and only 391 could even remember the company name, let alone the stock
Sounds bad? …This is THE NORM.
You’re better off knowing exactly who still loves your company rather than have thousands of
contacts who can’t even remember the stock symbol.
In the end, several of the 391 requested corporate presentations and
many asked for one on one updates directly from the CEO.
• Think our telephone calls and individually sent emails generate buying? They do.
COVID = A Unique Opportunity
A lot of people are working from home.
…Re-evaluating everything in their life.
…Including their investment in your company.
Surprising even to us, “COVID Calls” have been exceptionally friendly.
“I’m quite surprised to hear from someone. To be honest, I was sitting
here staring at my screen trying to decide what to sell. It’s great to hear
from you. No one picks up the phone anymore....Do you have an updated
presentation you can send me?” – Actual Shareholder
Now Is The Perfect Time To Do This.
With Tufford Group, You’ll Get;
• Friendly, Nova Scotia based telephone people who LOVE decluttering lists and making these calls.
• Written reports on every conversation.
• Industry trained professionals familiar with regulations and the public company environment.
• Genuine human reconnections with people who already liked and trusted your company.
• Real time notifications when someone requests an updated PPT or Fact Sheet.
“Hi, Scott, this is Elisha at Tufford Group. I just hung up the phone with Don
Blyth, Partner and Analyst at Paradigm Capital. He’s hoping to have a
conversation about your last press release and he would like an updated
presentation to share with his team. He is expecting a call. Here is his cell
• We are insured for commercial and general liability, errors and omissions, and cyber security.
• We work with several TSX, CSE, and NYSE listed companies where confidentiality and legal protocol is
paramount. We hold ourselves to those same high standards with all our clients even if no legal or
securities regulatory requirement exists. Our record and PIF is absolutely spotless and we intend to
keep it that way.
1. We sign an NDA.
2. Our clients provide a list - preferably in Excel.
3. We begin the task of de-cluttering & organizing the data regardless of
4. We prepare a list of key contacts within the client’s organization.
5. We learn the client’s story and we study their website.
6. We read ALL their press releases.
7. We study their corporate presentation and fact sheet.
8. We create a Quick Reference guide to answer simple questions.
9. We establish key messages and objectives.
10. We commence calling and we stay in touch with the client.
11. Our clients provide us with their corporate email address
12. We email the contacts who didn’t provide a telephone number.
13. We make the calls at suitable times, in most time-zones.
14. We provide a customized report on each successful connection.
phone: (902) 818-8807
2354 Rocky Lake Dr., Unit 3
Solid References Available.