Online Job Portal System
Project submitted to
MicroRoot POC Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Krishna Kumar Ranjan
Reference Id : TE 3T 12-13 NIOT 318
Candidate Id : 15021999-249
MicroRoot POC Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Bandra-Kurla Complex ,
Mumbai , India
Website : www.mipo.org
For any details, doubts, questions about project concept
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 9015510472, 9749153525
c JULY 2013 Krishna Kumar Ranjan. All rights reserved.
First and foremost I would like to thank HR team of MicroRoot for giving me a chance to work in
this company and giving me an opportunity to enhance my technical skills before joining.
I would like to thank my parents and family members for supporting me during my academic
career, who always support me so that I could focus on my project work.
Finally, I would like to thank all of them whose names are not mentioned here but have helped me
in some way to accomplish the work.
Krishna Kumar Ranjan
In the current scenario, there is a rat race in each and every professional ﬁeld. It is also true for
job market. A job portal is a website dedicated for online information about recruiters as well as job
A job portal helps both the job seekers and recruiters ﬁnding the right organization for the em-
ployees. In the case of job seekers, according to their educational qualiﬁcation, experience and their
preferences, the job portal shows the list of companies to the job seeker. And, to the recruiters, pro-
vides the suitable candidates from a pool of lacks.
So, a job portal is the perfect online arena, where both the job seekers and the employers ﬁnd their
goal in the pursuit of getting a top notch company for the suitable candidates.
1.1 About Project
Online job portal is a web application built in PHP. It provides the candidates, ability to register to
this application and search for jobs, manage their accounts. Each candidate will have an account with
their own home page.
On the other hand, Employers those are willing to publish the jobs for their company to candidates,
can register to the job portal and get their own account created and can post jobs to portal’s database.
Registered Employers can add or remove jobs and these jobs can be seen by various candidates
and they can contact the concern person for the job. Main aim of this web application is to make an
user friendly platform where, applicant can search jobs easily and is accessible to everyone who are
The Purpose of the application is to provide Job portal for Job Seekers, to submit their CV and
apply for job, where Employer can select best Employees from available candidate proﬁle.
The main users in the project can be categorized into three modules as follow:
1.3. DEFINITIONS, ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
1.3 Deﬁnitions, Acronyms and Abbreviations
1. Admin : The authorized person who controls all the network
2. Employer : Who creates vacancies
3. JobSeekers : The person who sell applies for job
2.1 Functional Requirements
In this section we will brieﬂy discuss diﬀerent functional requirement of diﬀerent users.
1. Manage Job Seeker and Employer Proﬁles
2. Manage Payments of Both Employer and Job Seekers
3. Add New Services, Related to Employers or Job Seekers
4. Send Message to Employer and Job seeker for Subscription etc
5. Provide Roles and Authentication to Users
6. Ability to change the look and feel of your site by changing template
7. Most Recent Jobs to be displayed on home page
8. Search jobs based on keywords, categories, locations etc
9. Create / Edit / Save as many icon sets as you like
10. Location management console to add/edit/remove locations for which jobs can be posted
11. Manage premium employers
12. Admin can Add/Edit/Delete/Approve/Disapprove any job
13. Private labelled and fully integrated with your existing web site’s look and feel.
2.1. FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS 4
14. Search Job seekers and Employers on the basis of Keyword, name, Email-address, Country, etc
15. Manage Featured Employers Showcase.
16. Setup multiple admin with ﬁle access privileges
1. Ability to Search resume by keywords, job category, days since posted.
2. Post jobs with detailed job description (job title, company name, company url, location, salary,
job type, work type, description, required skills...)
3. Ability to create and edit a company proﬁle.
4. Ability to add a Company Logo.
5. Retrieve passwords reset by automated email.
6. Employer Registration
7. Reporting information on how much time left on each job posting and how long left on CV access
8. Payment option by invoice, credit/debit card.
9. Information on number of vacancy viewings and applications
10. Register and sign-up online for Memberships, Job packages, job postings or resume database
11. Option of including company proﬁle and logo.
12. New Account Notiﬁcation - an email message is sent to them as auto responder with username
13. Retrieve passwords by automated email.
14. Update proﬁle at any time.
15. View Submitted Job Seeker CV
16. Download CV or application submitted by jobseekers
2.2. NON-FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS 5
2.1.3 Job Seekers
1. Apply for a job with the click of a button
2. Resume Posting.
3. Automatically retrieve passwords by email.
4. Job Seeker Registration
5. Login and update proﬁle, including forgotten password reminders
6. View Application History from proﬁle
7. Powerful online job search tool.
8. Job seeker sets ’privacy level’ to control how much information is visible to employers through
9. Search jobs by location, qualiﬁcation, categories, company, location, experience and keywords.
10. Hide contact information.
11. Add multiple list of qualiﬁcation and experience.
12. Ability to add and submit Photos to proﬁle.
13. Ability to add Cover Letter when apply for job.
14. Add, Edit, Activate or Delete Job Search Agent.
2.2 Non-Functional Requirements
1. Secure access of conﬁdential data (user’s details). SSL can be used.
2. 24 X 7 availability
3. Better component design to get better performance at peak time
4. Flexible service based architecture will be highly desirable for future extension
2.3. HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS 6
2.3 Hardware Requirements
• Processor : Intel Pentium And Above Version
• Speed : 1.60 GHz
• Hard Disk : 20GB And Above
• Key Board : Standard
2.4 Software Requirements
• Operating System : Windows 7
• Data Base : MYSQLi
• Tools : JOOMLA, AJAX, PHP, JQUERY
Systems design is the process or art of deﬁning the architecture, components, modules, interfaces,
and data for a system to satisfy speciﬁed requirements. Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
methods are becoming the most widely used methods for computer system design. The UML has be-
come the standard language used in Object-oriented analysis and design. It is widely used for modeling
software systems and is increasingly used for high designing non-software systems and organizations.
3.1 Use Case Diagram
3.1. USE CASE DIAGRAM 8
Figure 3.1: Use Case Diagram
3.4. SCREEN-SHOTS 15
3.4.4 Employer Control Panel
Figure 3.8: Employer control panel Page
3.4. SCREEN-SHOTS 16
3.4.5 JobSeeker Control Panel
Figure 3.9: JobSeeker Control Panel Page
3.4. SCREEN-SHOTS 17
3.4.6 About Us
Figure 3.10: AboutUs Page
3.4. SCREEN-SHOTS 18
3.4.7 Contact Us
Figure 3.11: Contact Us Page
3.5. DATA BASE TABLES 19
3.5 Data Base Tables
Figure 3.12: Data Base JS-Jobs (1)
3.5. DATA BASE TABLES 20
Figure 3.13: Data Base JS-Jobs (2)
3.5. DATA BASE TABLES 21
Figure 3.14: Data Base JS-Jobs (3)
CONCLUSION AND FUTURE WORK
Here, I have designed a project “Online Job Portal” using JOOMLA CMS. All the application
codes are in PHP with the AJAX and JQUERY backend. This portal provides all the features with
the support of extension JS-JOB Plug-in. The plugin, I am using is free trial, so its functionalities
are limited. My project satisﬁes all the functional requirements mentioned in the project, however, it
doesn’t contain any Franchise module. In future I will add this feature in this portal with some other
variation, I would like to design more user friendly portal system.
1. JOOMLA 2.5 A Beginner’s Guide by ERIC TIGGELER
2. PHP and MySql by W Jason Gilmore, Apress Publication
3. Fundamentals of Software Engineering by RAJIB MALL
5. Java Server Programming – Black Book
6. IBM Redbooks- http://www.redbooks.ibm.com