Pipeline all the Dashboards as Code ?
November , 2021
• I used to be a developer
• Then I became an Ops person
• Chief Trolling/Travel/Technical Officer @ Inuits.eu
• Everything is a Freaking DNS Problem
• DNS : devops needs sushi
• Buiding Clouds since before the Bookstore
• Organiser of #devopsdays, #cfgmgmtcamp, #loadays, ...
Who am I ?
• Operational Metrics
• Application Metrics
• Business Metrics
• Travel time to home during Traffic Jams
• Time between last conference
• Legobricks ordered
• Sandwiches ordered by the team
Dashboard all the things
• People edit a Dashboard
• People clone a Dashboard
• People create a new Dashboard
• People "improve" other people's Dashboards
• People delete other people's Dashboards
ensure => present
• No more hacking in production
No more manual changes?
We are all JSON engineers
We are all YAML engineers
The average end user who wants to create his own dashboard
is not a devoops YAML Engineer
This is just too complex
Problems with Dashboard as Code
• A dev Grafana
• Dashboard as Code
• Dashboard for Dirty Clickers
• A prod Grafana (read only)
• A way to promote from dev to prod
What we really need
A command line utility to manage and promote dashboards between Grafana
instances, coupled with gitlab-ci.
Dashboard Manager for Grafana