Have you ever been thinking why you should invest wealth, if yes, Then Kotak Securities brings you 5 reasons why you should invest. Kotak Securities is one of the largest share broking firm in India. Visit http://www.kotaksecurities.com for more details
Why You Should Invest
Why You Should Invest
Joys Of Investing
• Indians are taught to save money right from childhood. It is well ingrained in
our daily lifestyle. But mere saving is not enough.
• It has to be invested in the right instruments too. Here are five reasons why
you should invest:
#1 Make Money
• Saving is when you keep aside a portion of your income after paying for your
expenses. This money can then be kept as cash in lockers or invested in
• Investing in the right financial instruments will help you make more money.
This is called capital appreciation. Suppose you put Rs 1,000 in a stock, a
year later, the stock price rises up to Rs 1,500. You can then sell, and earn
Rs 500 as profit. This means, your capital has appreciated. Merely keeping
aside money will not make you any profits.
#2 Beat Inflation
• Inflation is the biggest threat to our financial health. The steady rise in
prices decreases the value of money. So, today if you save Rs 1000 aside,
it will not buy you as many goods and services a year later due to inflation.
Investing can help beat this. The money you earn as returns from investment
can make up for inflation. It, thus, helps in capital preservation.
#3 Save Tax
• No one likes paying taxes and giving away your hard-earned money.
Investing in choice assets helps you reduce the amount of tax you pay. By
opting for Section 80C and 80D of the Income Tax Act, you can reduce your
taxable income by Rs 1 lakh by investing in many options, including the
stock markets. Moreover, any money you’re making in the stock markets is
non-taxable after 1 year. Thus, you earn money while simultaneously
#4 Meet Financial Goals
• We are always taught to plan for the future. This usually involves buying a
house, a car, getting married, having kids, their future education, and so on.
All this needs money – lots of it. Investing in different kinds of financial
instruments right from the start will ensure enough funds are available for
the future. This helps avoid opting for loans and other means of debt.
#5 Save For Retirement
• Old-age seems scary. You retire, and thereby lose the primary source of
your income. If you do not save enough money, you may have to limit your
lifestyle to a great extent or be dependent on someone else for funds.
Investing helps you get ready for the post-retirement life.
Kotak Securities Limited, Registered Address: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla
Complex, Bandra (E) Mumbai 400 051. Correspondence Address: 6th Floor, Kotak
Infinity, Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya
Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Tel no: 66056825. SEBI Registration Numbers:
NSE INB/INF/INE 230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC INB
200808136, MCX-SX INE 260808130/ INB 260808135/INF 260808135 , NSDL IN-DP-
NSDL-23-97, CDSL IN-DP-CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance Officer - Mr.
Sandeep Chordia. Tel. No: 022 6605 6825. Email id: email@example.com.
In case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below
• For Trading Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Demat Account related queries: email@example.com.
• Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll free
numbers 18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at 30305757 by using your
city STD code as a prefix.
• In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our customer
service HOD at email@example.com.