The stock market is being called the engine of growth for the economy. If you’ve been looking for a way in, it is now time for you to act. View our presentation to know 2 strategies to help you begin investing.
End of 2013 marks the new beginning of year 2014 and hence investor should be ready with new investment strategies. Kotak Securities brings you Top Investing strategies for the year 2014 to help you on your investment journey. Visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
Top Investing Strategies For 2014
Top Investing Strategies for 2014
Time to Act
• Everyone talks about the stock market being the engine of growth for the
economy. Investors look to make money by investing in companies that
make profits. You have been reading financial newspapers and watching
business channels for information related to the stock market. It is now
time for you to act. Here are two ways you could begin with:
1. Buy an ETF
2. Buy Dividend Yield Stocks
Buy an ETF
• An Exchange traded fund or ETF could be the right financial
instrument, which represents an asset that is traded on the market.
• The value of the ETF instrument tracks the market price of that asset. You
can buy an ETF for stocks, bond and commodities like gold.
• It would be a good idea to start a systematic investment plan or SIP. You
simply need to select the asset of your choice and invest a fixed amount of
money each month.
• Gold ETF is the most popular ETF category. It allows the investor to own
and earn on gold without owning it physically.
• Index ETFs have also done very well recently, as they offer the investor to
trade the index at a relatively lower risk.
• Liquid ETFs are for those who want to invest in the money market and yet
5 Ways to buy ETFs
• Here are 5 easy ways you could use your Kotak Securities account to buy
1. Call your relationship manager or dealer and place the order over the recorded
2. Login to www.kotaksecurities.com. Go to Equity and click on ‘Place an Order’
3. Call 30305757 to place an order over phone.
4. Invest through mobile using Kotak Mobile Stock Trader (MST)
5. Invest through KEAT PRO X, real time trading platform
Buy Dividend Yield Stocks
• Most companies set aside a portion of its profits for distribution as
dividends. Often, dividends are single or double-digit figures in rupees per
• Dividend yield is calculated by dividing the dividend with the share price, and
then multiplied by 100. It is written in the percentage format.
• Typically, investors buy and hold shares of multinational consumer and
pharma companies that are known to pay a high dividend.
• Such stocks are considered a safe option for investors with relatively less
appetite for risk. This is because high dividends mean the company is
making profits, and also sharing it with investors.
• However, consistency is a key factor to be considered here.
• Dividends are also a tax-efficient proposition as investors are not taxed.
This will come in handy for short-term equity investors, who are otherwise
taxed for capital gains when they sell stocks within a year of purchase.
Companies To Watch
• Government owned companies like Coal India and ONGC pay high
dividend. Similarly, foreign multinationals who own majority stake in their
Indian subsidiaries like Unilever, Nestle or Merck repatriate profits through
a dividend payout. This benefits small shareholders.
Kotak Securities Limited, Registered Address: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla
Complex, Bandra (E) Mumbai 400 051. Correspondence Address: 6th Floor, Kotak
Infinity, Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya
Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Tel no: 66056825. SEBI Registration Numbers:
NSE INB/INF/INE 230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC INB
200808136, MCX-SX INE 260808130/ INB 260808135/INF 260808135 , NSDL IN-DPNSDL-23-97, CDSL IN-DP-CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance Officer - Mr.
Sandeep Chordia. Tel. No: 022 6605 6825. Email id: email@example.com.
In case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below
• For Trading Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Demat Account related queries: email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll free
numbers 18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at 30305757 by using your
city STD code as a prefix.
In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our customer
service HOD at email@example.com.