Learn how long term investment will give you the maximum gain with current market condition. Kotak Securities brings you various market trends & current scenario that will help your decision making while investing for long term gain. Kotak Securities is one of the largest share broking firm in India offering <a href="http://www.kotaksecurities.com/whatweoffer/trinityaccoun.html">various trading account related services</a>, demat & many more stock market investment options. Visit www.kotaksecurities.com for more information.
Long Term Investment Gains
Long term investmentStocks
Market Trend - 2013
• The year 2013 started on a positive note for the Indian equity markets
• Market analysis and research pointed to a possible bull run in 2013 with
increased liquidity and supportive valuations
• The reasons for such positive outlook at that time were many - Long awaited
Government reform, FDI in retail, low interest rates etc.
• In June 2013, however, the situation was extremely different.
• Ironically, while the projected upswing at the start of the year was
attributed to domestic factors, the current downswing is a cumulation of
several global factors directly affecting market performance
• The current bear run in the Indian Equity markets is range bound and
dependent on several global cues which have in turn been somewhat
positive, but largely negative in nature
• Notable global cues such as the easing of the cash crunch in China or the
increase in the German consumer index, have contributed to a positive bias in
the current scenario
• However, the recent announcement by the US Federal Reserve on the
gradual withdrawal of the Qualitative Easing Stimulus given possible stability
in the US markets and unemployment data, has led to markets worldwide
being pressured and trending towards a downswing
US Economy & FIIs
• What the announcement meant was that the US economy is showing
positive signs of recovery and hence may not need requisite Government aid
• However, the news impacted all emerging markets such as India and Brazil
as post the announcement, FII's have started consolidating their positions,
resulting in a massive selling spree that has impacted liquidity in the equity
Impact of FIIs
• With the withdrawal likely to start over the next few months, global markets
have turned distinctly weak and India has been no exception
• With FIIs turning into net sellers over the past few days, the move has
dented market sentiments
• FII flows have been further impacted by the falling Rupee, given global cues
given weak trade deficit numbers and lackluster corporate earnings
Is there a silver lining?
• Actually yes. Historical data shows that the Indian markets have been
extremely resilient to global cues and domestic factors including political
instability, recession etc and have, as an average, offered better returns on
• The current downtrend of the Indian markets have made stocks extremely
attractive for long term investors
• The good news is that the Indian growth story still holds promise and value
in the long term and we do see FII flows returning into India soon
• The falling rupee has also boosted the corporate earning of few sectoral
stocks and the impact of that will also be seen in the medium to long term
• All in all, while in the short term, the markets will continue being uncertain
with more expected corrections until there is clarity and strengthening of
global cues, the medium - long term outlook is extremely positive as current
stock prices have corrected their valuations and are trading at an all time low
making them lucrative for investors to buy quality stocks and hold on to until
further market recovery
• Use this time to do research and buy specific stocks, especially large cap or
blue chip stocks at corrected prices and hold on to it with a 1 - 2 year
investment horizon in order to receive better returns on your investment and
Can we add blog here
Kotak Securities Limited, Registered Address: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla
Complex, Bandra (E) Mumbai 400 051. Correspondence Address: 6th Floor, Kotak
Infinity, Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya
Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Tel no: 66056825. SEBI Registration Numbers:
NSE INB/INF/INE 230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC INB
200808136, MCX-SX INE 260808130/ INB 260808135/INF 260808135 , NSDL IN-DPNSDL-23-97, CDSL IN-DP-CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance Officer - Mr.
Sandeep Chordia. Tel. No: 022 6605 6825. Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below
• For Trading Account related queries: email@example.com
• For Demat Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll
free numbers 18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at 30305757 by
using your city STD code as a prefix.
In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us at
email@example.com and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our
customer service HOD at firstname.lastname@example.org.