• Tax proposals in the budget generally influence the automobile
• For eg: if there is an increase in cost of the car, post budget,
there is increased demand for cars before the fiscal end.
• This is because, duty increases become effective from the new
Impact of Tax
• This time things will be different
as the budget is being
announced during the fiscal.
What’s different this
Here are some pointers that could explain the
influence of budget on auto companies -
• To boost manufacturing of automobiles
and related parts in India.
How can it be
• Offering tax incentives for carmakers in India.
• Announcing deductions on investments on plant and
machinery for companies upgrading their plants or setting up
taxation as a tool
• To influence consumption, for example:
increase duties or taxes
on some types of vehicles
Car Importsto discourage
in Budget 2013-14
• The government hiked excise duty on some of the non-taxi
sports utility vehicles, based on ground clearance.
• The government allocated more money to urban
development and rural infrastructure.
Impact on companies
• Some impact on companies like Tata Motors and Mahindra
and Mahindra which manufacture non-taxi sports utility
vehicles in India.
• Good news for bus and truck making or tractor making
companies like Tata Motors and two-wheeler companies like
Bajaj Auto, as rural consumption could have received a boost.
for Budget 2014-15
• Expected to be positive for consumption and investment.
• Focus on manufacturing.
• Talks about boosting urban and rural infrastructure.
• Car and two-wheeler companies listed in India could get
incentives to boost production.
• Bus manufacturers in India could benefit as a result of a
to watch out for
• Excise duty on manufacturing of automobiles or spares,
• Customs duty on import of luxury goods or spares
• Allocation to Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission.
• Fuel subsidies
• In a nutshell, the automobile sector will remain a focus area
in the upcoming budget and markets are expecting that, there
will be an overall positive impact on the sector.
• To learn more about the union budget, click here.
Get eBooks Website
Open a DEMAT Account
Kotak Securities Limited.Reg Off.: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E)
Mumbai 400 05. CIN: U99999MH1994PLC134051, Tel No.:+22 43360000, Fax No.: +22
67132430. website:www.kotak.com. Correspondence Address: Infinity IT Park, Bldg. No. 21,
Opp Film City Road, A K Vaidya Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Tel no:66056825. SEBI
Reg Nos: NSE INB/INF/INE230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC
INB 200808136, MCXSX INE 260808130/INB260808135/INF 260808135, NSDL IN-DP-NSDL-
23-97, CDSL IN-DP-CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance officer- Mr. Sandeep
Chordia. (Telephone Number 022 6605 6825, Email email@example.com). In case you
require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below email ids:
• For Trading Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Demat Account related queries:email@example.com.
Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll free
numbers18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at30305757 by using your city STD
code as a prefix.
In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us
at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our customer service
Investments in securities are subject to market risk; please read the SEBI prescribed Combined
Risk Disclosure Document prior to investing
The content/illustrations shared in the presentation is based on information available from the