Today, women are making most of the household decisions involving money and are actively participating in contributing to family’s wealth. Thus, women can no longer neglect the importance of investing. This information has been brought to you by Kotak Securities one of largest share broking firm offering various share market investment services. Visit <a href="www.kotaksecurities.com">www.KotakSecurities.com</a> for more information.
Demystifying StocksEmpowering Women
Indian Women’s Outlook
• Indian society is changing at a rapid pace. The clear discrimination of gender roles
are blurring. As democratic philosophies sneak into the social system traditional
family roles are also changing.
•Better education and a global outlook have opened up a new world of opportunities
for women in India. Economic necessity is also forcing women to opt for a career.
• Women have nowadays become an integral part of a family in making key decisions
related to life and family’s well-being. Working women need to find a balance between
their career and family. There are huge expectations from both sides and a fear of
neglecting either one.
• Today, women are making most of the household decisions involving money and are
actively participating in contributing to family’s wealth. Thus, women can no longer
neglect the importance of investing.
• Money is fluid, something worth a few hundreds today could cost significantly more
the next day. In the current economic situation, inflation is a constant.
• In order to ensure higher returns and financial independence to maintain a standard
of living, disciplined investments are a must. With a little bit of smart planning and
investing, one can cushion, if not ward off, any crisis.
Investment A Must
• The key is planning AND
• Investing your money is not just
about parking some money in the
bank every few months.
• A good investment plan needs
both, awareness of various
avenues of investment and money
Approach Towards Investment
• Women have a more balanced approach towards investments, making them ideal
• Thus, it is very imperative for women to have a proper investing plan – be it equities
or real estate or commodities.
• It is very important to have a diversified approach towards investing, thereby hedging
the risks associated with equities or commodities.
Approach Towards Investment
• Women should have their money allocated towards low risk provident funds
and fixed deposits, medium risk debt and income funds and also towards high
risk equity and commodities, depending upon their risk profile.
• Allocating a fixed amount every month in FDs, PF/PPF, mutual fund SIPs should be a
• Further surplus in the money should be used for creating real estate assets – be it for
own use or for investments. It is also advisable for women to have regular investments
in gold ETFs or gold bars – instead of bowing towards temptations of buying gold
How & Where To Invest
• Above all, most important is to have an insurance plan for yourself – life insurance as
well as health insurance. All these investment strategies will not only help women
become self- sufficient but would also help them attain financial independence.
• These systematic investments also help in providing a regular stream of income
during old age as well as build a healthy portfolio for children that can be used for
their education as well as marriage.
• Investment addresses the acute concern of the 'sandwich' generation who looks
after their aged parents and takes care of their children's needs today, but can't
depend upon their children to look after them in their old age.
• It's quintessential that they make the most of their earning years and invest for their
• If that sounds intimidating, take heart. All you need to get started is a primer on
• Dear friends, the chief principle here is that investment is all about making your hard
earned money earn more money for you! Simply put, it is the practice of making your
money work for you, while you work for more money.
Kotak Securities Limited, Registered Address: Bakhtawar, 1st floor, 229, Nariman Point,
Mumbai – 400021. Correspondence Address: 6th Floor, Kotak Infinity, Building No. 21,
Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya Marg, Malad (East),
Mumbai 400097. Tel no: 66056825. SEBI Registration Numbers: NSE INB/INF/INE
230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC INB 200808136, MCX-SX INE
260808130/ INB 260808135/INF 260808135 , NSDL IN-DP-NSDL-23-97, CDSL IN-DP-
CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance Officer - Mr. Sandeep Chordia. Tel. No:
022 6605 6825. Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below
• For Trading Account related queries: email@example.com
• For Demat Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll
free numbers 18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at 30305757 by
using your city STD code as a prefix.
• In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us at
email@example.com and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our
customer service HOD at firstname.lastname@example.org.