This election 2014 has shown the magnitude which was predicted earlier and results are finally out making BJP the chosen one, hence Kotak Securities brings you their view on how one should go ahead with their investment journey with respect to this new government that will form.
Election Results 2014
Election Results 2014
Victory of the Bhartiya Janta Party
• The BJP, under the leadership of Mr. Narendra Modi, has led NDA to a
landslide win in Election 2014.
A Landslide Win
• The high vote share and majority number of seats reflect the significant
amount of ground the coalition has gained against the UPA and the other
Formation of a Stable Government
• This is the first time in the past 30 years that, a single party has won the
majority in Indian elections. The formation of a stable Government at the
centre bodes well for the economy as well as stock markets.
Long-Term Sustainable Growth
• We believe that, the new Government will take steps and measures to take
the growth rates higher on a sustainable basis in the long term.
• We expect steps to increase public investments and encourage private
investments in infrastructure, ensure better Governance, reduce Fiscal
Deficit (including control of wasteful subsidies), implement structural reforms
like GST, DTC, improve Center – State relationships, control inflation by
taking effective steps to ease the supply side constraints, etc.
• However, we also feel that, it will take measured steps, rather than taking
short term steps, as is being hoped by the market.
• It’s a new dawn; bright sunshine will follow.
• The formation of the Cabinet and the 2014-15 budget will be the important
events to watch out for.
• From the market’s perspective, it is a significant development. We remain
optimistic on the long term prospects of the markets.
• In the short term, markets may remain ranged or may even come under
some profit-booking, especially after the sharp rise witnessed in the recent
past. The outcome was discounted by the markets to a certain extent.
• Based on our expectations that, strong reform initiatives will be taken by
the new Government, we continue to expect that, the domestic cyclical and
infrastructure themes will out-perform.
Get eBooks Website
Open a DEMAT Account
Kotak Securities Limited, Registered Address: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla
Complex, Bandra (E) Mumbai 400 051. Correspondence Address: 6th Floor, Kotak
Infinity, Building No. 21, Infinity Park, Off Western Express Highway, General AK Vaidya
Marg, Malad (East), Mumbai 400097. Tel no: 66056825. SEBI Registration Numbers:
NSE INB/INF/INE 230808130, BSE INB 010808153 / INF 011133230, OTC INB
200808136, MCX-SX INE 260808130/ INB 260808135/INF 260808135 , NSDL IN-DP-
NSDL-23-97, CDSL IN-DP-CDSL-158-2001, AMFI ARN 0164. Compliance Officer - Mr.
Sandeep Chordia. Tel. No: 022 6605 6825. Email id: email@example.com.
In case you require any clarification or have any concern, kindly write to us at below
• For Trading Account related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Demat Account related queries: email@example.com.
• Alternatively, you may feel free to contact our customer service desk at our toll free
numbers 18002099191 or 1800222299. You may also call at 30305757 by using your
city STD code as a prefix.
• In case you wish to escalate your concern / query, please write to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and if you feel you are still unheard, write to our customer
service HOD at email@example.com.