File management SaaS/web-service engine:
backup, synchronization, sharing, distribution
(what customer needs your product/service meets)
File based SaaS/web-services are extremely popular and drive
good money: dropbox, box.net, YD, megaupload, rapidshare
SOFTWARE TO CREATE OWN CUSTOM DROPBOX/RAPIDSHARE
OPTIONAL: SUPPORT, INFRASTRUCTRE, REVENUE SHARING
Create own SaaS/Web projects on own infrastructure
Increase revenues – sell subscriptions, premium services
Product & Technology
• FreeBrie is engine to create own file based SaaS/web-
services like Dropbox or Megaupload or CDN.
• FreeBrie - managed software for control nodes and
storage servers. You could build own service in a week.
• Consumer software are available for Windows, MacOS,
Linux. Web access, mobile access. Native clients for
IOS/Android will be ready soon.
• Scalable technology for millions of users: MongoDB,
Python, Twisted. Unlimited number and size for storages.
Direct traffic flow between storage and consumer.
(the comparison slide)
• Almost no software offered to create new commercial
file-based web services
• some SaaS available under while-label
• No way to create own “dropbox” like service using own
• No mass sales: direct personal sales to
Some similar software providers:
http://owncloud.com has Service Provider model for creating
similar services, just raised $2,6M 2nd seed round
http://www.sibsoft.com software for file upload services, only
• Monetization model
- software subscription ($1/premium user monthly)
- OR revenue sharing, 10-25%
- PLUS/OR annual support contract $5000
- average service generate $30.000-50.000 monthly
- AND infrastructure support together with HOSTKEY.com
- OWN services – superfolder.co, gigadrive.ru, …
- Direct sales to telecoms and national portals
- Affiliate programs, easy start for entrepreneurs
• How will you keep your competitive advantages?
new features, low cost infrastructure, own services,
best support, payment processing outsourcing.
National telecoms service providers, ISP, hosting: start
popular service to increase revenue on own infrastructure,
freemium service, local or national dropbox.
Portals/Entrepreneurs: there are thousands of portal/site
owners who could add our functionality to his own popular
site/forum/portals tuned to focus it’s consumer base.
Consumers base: 100M people are using Dropbox now. 1B
people have heard about it. 600K users with OwnCloud.
Heavy demand on developing markets.
Sales funnel: real and forecast
(visitors, users, sales)
1) Product based on FreeBrie are ready to launch together with
HOSTKEY.com: superfolder.co to check traction and bugfix on file
sharing segment. We expect $2000-5000 monthly from new
subscriptions, makes $150-400K annually.
2) Product keepthecopy.com together with HOSTKEY.com on
backup/sync segment, same revenues expected.
3) Revenue sharing project with Megafon with backup/sync
Consumer ARPU: $3-10/monthly per segment, new 500-1000
customers monthly per service.
First market segment entry
Own file exchange service using our sponsored sites.
Several new services in 2 months.
Your customer acquisition strategy
Direct sales, create own “dropbox” in a week. Works.
Who is your decision-maker?
Business owner, business development manager
Why would he buy your product/service?
Low market entrance, premium support, easy service,
easy to try & customize
What are the market barriers?
None, for competitors – complex software, 2 years time
Peter Chayanov, CEO – experienced entrepreneur, 20 years in
IT, co-owner of hostkey.com.
Alex Myodov, CTO – lead Python/Mongo coder, 10 years
experience with high load services
Ilya Slepnev, COO – expert on backup and high load services
Alex Borodich, CMO superfolder.com - Internet professional
Igor Matsanuk, IMI.VC - advisor
Arun Shekar, Advisor - Business development, 10 years of
experience working for IBM. MBA from Berkeley-Haas.
Vadim Kovrigin, Lead web developer
Feodor Kichatov, Core developer
With full support from FARMINERS.ru teams
The fundraised amount
$150K seed – IMI.VC, Farminers 09.2011
$150K – owners
Sales plan on 3-5 years
2013 - $400-600K
2014 - $1-2M
2015 - $5M+
Till end of 2015: 5-6 own services, 10+ services for large
telecoms, 10+ add-ons for national portals, 100 services for
entrepreneurs, average $3000 per customer indirectly serving
2013: incorporation, Series A $2M
2014: Series A for infrastructure $2M, more mobile
2015: Series B, developing new services, CDN
2016: Selling some services out
Contacts: Peter Chayanov email@example.com +7 903 1499639
(what should we remember after your presentation)
FreeBrie is a platform for creating file management Web or SaaS
services using own infrastructure.
FreeBrie are available on revenue sharing or pay-per-user basis.
Many services could be created using FreeBrie from national
dropboxes to file upload services and CDN.
FreeBrie are easy to deploy, new service could be created in a