● Video represents 73% of global web traffic.
● Video gets 1,200% more shares than text and
● 76.5% of video-using marketers say video directly
● Video is the type of content users are most likely
...And a Grain of Salt
“Video file? Meh.”
— Google (paraphrased)
“Semantic long tails? YAAAS!!”
— Google (also paraphrased, FYI)
85% of video on Facebook is watched without sound.
● 13.48% lift in views
within two weeks
● 7.32% lifetime
view time by
● Great video invites your
audience to get to know you!
● Bad video can ruin your
Same rules as written content:
● Be valuable.
● Keep. Writing. Content.
● Pay attention to video, even if you’re not ready to dive in.
● Jump on the SEO opportunities afforded by video, like including a
● It’s better to have no video than a bad video.
● The rules for video content are largely the same as they are for
● Always keep creating thoughtful written content.
● Wistia’s guide to video SEO
● Google’s intro to video markup & Schema.org markup for video
● Video sitemaps
● Smart video SEO tips from AdvancedWebRanking
● Dump of marketing statistics via HubSpot
1005 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201