By David A. Vise
Mark Malseed2/9/2015 1
“Inside the hottest business, media and technology success of our
What Is It About?
• Biography of Larry Page and Sergey Brin
(Co-founder of Google).
• How Google was created and developed.
• How Google became highly profitable.
• Google competitive advantage.
• Google existing culture.
The Birth of Google
10,000 searches at
Tired to sell
looking for a name
results are ranked
on a relevance
Brin & Larry
decided to run the
internet search as
their own business
Excite, Info seek
• This was a good first glimpse into the start and
establishment of Google. The story line read well and
the book was generally light enough that it was a quick
• Leveraging new technology- there is so much that can
• Differentiate yourself.
• Innovate ! Innovate ! The world loves new discoveries.
• Amazing business awareness(sharpness) and computer
• Why their approach to search was superior to others?
• Page and Brins devotion to the customer
experience. ( fact that google forgoes millions
of dollars of valuable ads on the barren google
homepage – to avoid of obtrusive popup and
• Business Managers
- Keep laser focus on the customer experience
- To meet the demand of todays discerning and
• Undergraduate business students
How a business ticks
Very recommended for those who have interests
in Business & Marketing.
• Casual reader
Wishing to know more about something that
has most likely made a subtle impact on
making their life more convenient in one way
A must-read for anyone who's never bothered
to think about Google much except to rush to
the site and start a search.
Good in the book
• Found the book very inspirational
• Has been built in an unbelievable short time.
• Everything can happen if we just brilliantly worked
hardly on it.
• Details of how the leadership roles were split
amongst the creators and the CEO they hired.
What is not good in the book?
• The only drawback from my point of view is that this book
stops at year 2006 and as we all know Google is a very large
and growing business entity where lots of new ideas and
products are popping every day.
• It would be interesting to get a post Android view of how
Google has grown to have more competitors/enemies, and
how litigation it has faced in recent years compare to those
which slowed Microsoft during Google's boom,
• It fails to elaborate upon some of Google's greatest successes
in its platform.
What is not good in the book?
• The byline of this book is “Inside the hottest business, media
and technology success of our time." The problem is that this
book provides no "inside" look at all. The information
provided by the authors might as well have been found
through a Google search. There was nothing really new that
has not been reported a thousand times in the media or
obvious to anyone who follows Google.
THE GOOGLE WORLD ..
Thinking with Google.
• Hope to see the new further Google's innovating and
• The new google bets on future.
• Solve for X.
The Future Google
Project Ara – Phones
Solar power drones - Titan aerospace
Project Tango – 3D phones
Google project loon – Wireless router into air
Google contact lens –management of diabetes
Self driving cars
Google robots – cheetah
Flying windmill – mirquie turbine