Kimberly L Szuta
17425 N 19th Ave #2217
Phoenix, Az 85023
To work efficiently to meet all quality regulation and documentation needs and to work closely with
pharmacists and other clinical disciplines to provide the best possible care and education to patients
regarding their pharmacy needs.
December 2015- PRESENT
Sage Hospice, Scottsdale, AZ - Quality Coordinator
● Created an inventory system for patient and nursing supplies. Approx 200 patients and 32
● Created SOP for 90 staff members for delivery and ordering of supplies to ensure complete
and timely orders.
● Open communication with VP and President on monthly reconciliation of input vs output.
● Extensive communication with facilities and families to problem solve for potential conflict.
● Responsible for making weekly schedules for 90 staff members.
● Extensive knowledge of Medicare regulations to ensure compliance in hospice environment.
● Update patient info daily on census to ensure quality care to patients.
August 2015 - November 2015
Navitus Health Solutions, Phoenix, AZ- Clinical Client Coordinator
● Used 3D objects to determine trends in particular demographics to determine client need on a
● Entering patient insurance to give analysis based on clinical and financial basis to determine
● Consult client relations.
● Investigate claims made by clients to determine payment and compliance with set contracts
October 2013 - July 2015
Dignity Health - Certified Pharmacy Tech
● Cost saving strategies to ensure compliance for 340b regulations and contracts with
● Created SOP’s to meet compliance requirements for the board of pharmacy, insurance
contracts, 340b, and FDA regulations.
● Created inventory procedures, average monthly savings of $275,000.
● Handled daily cash deposits, investigate discrepancies.
● Calculated dosages to ensure accurate delivery to patients.
● Compounding experience, miracle mouthwash, acne medication, flavorings for children’s
● Worked closely with the director of pharmacy to pilot a delivery system for patients being
discharged from the hospital to cut down on hospital admission to ensure medicare and
medicaid regulations were met to maximize reimbursement. (within 6 months this accounted
for 20% of business)
July 2012-October 2013
Melrose Pharmacy-Certified Pharmacy Tech
● Dosage calculations to ensure proper dispensing to patients.
● Compounding hormone replacement therapy prescriptions.
● Created filing systems and SOP’s to meet board of pharmacy requirements, as well as
reducing auditing costs/fines.
● Inventory management by creating SOP’s for an automated dispensing system.
● Created SOP’s for patient compliance to ensure maximum reimbursement.
● Knowledgeable of medicare/medicaid billing to monitor irregularities in reimbursements.
July 2000-February 2007
Walgreens-Certified Pharmacy Tech
● Lead pharmacy technician.
● Created SOP’s to maximize efficiency and accuracy.
● Filled over 1000 rx’s on a daily average with less than 3% error rate.
● Reprocess inventory per insurance and board regulations.
● Worked closely with pharmacy manager to coach and train other staff members.
● Responsible for ordering inventory daily and all regulatory forms included with ordering
● Investigate claims that were over/underpaid and resolve with the insurance companies.
August 2013 - Present
Phoenix College, Phoenix, Az - Microbiology Degree to be complete in 2018
● Experience with Microsoft programs
● Compounding in lab and retail pharmacy settings.
● CPhT- self taught passed state boards on first attempt
● Insurance, medicare,medicaid, board of pharmacy, 340b, and USPS 97 regulations to ensure
proper procedures and reimbursement.