447 Oakwood Ave, East Aurora, NY 14052 | (7 16) 725-7531 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I contribute enthusiasm and genuine positivity to any environment I am a part of. Through effective
communication, drive, passion, and creative thought I aim to be a unique and indispensable asset to an
organization with strong ethics and a worthwhile objective.
State University of New York at Fredonia, Bachelor of Arts: Psychology,Minor in Philosophy
Graduated May 2015
Graduated Summa Cum Laude,3.73GPA Completed CITI Human Subjects Training
Psi Chi International Honor Society Golden Key International Honor Society
Proficient in French language:verbal and written Dean’s List, every semester (Fall 2011- Spring 2015)
Intern at Domestic Violence Shelter(Spring 2015) Primary Investigator in Indep. Research (Fall 2014)
Counselor Summer 2015
New York State Summer School of the Arts (NYSSSA)- Fredonia, NY
● Directly supervised and ensured safety and wellbeing ofartistically gifted individuals ages 13-18
● Planned and managed interactiveprograms and activities to spark creativity and critical thinking
● Provided on-the-spot counseling to students in various critical situations, e.g. panic attacks, emotional disputes
● Held informational meetings with students and enforced rules and regulations as needed.
Intern Social Worker at Domestic Violence Shelter January- May 2015
The Salvation Army ANEW center- Jamestown, NY
● Dealt directly with clients involved in issues ofadult/childdomestic violence &sexual assault
● Provided on-the-spot counseling and support to clients during critical/crisis situations, and emotional conflicts
● Accompaniedclients to court, policedept., mental health sessions, &other human serviceagencies for support
● Shadowed case managers in vacating Orders ofProtection
● 1-on-1 interviews with clients for goal assessments,safety planning, and assisting with paperwork
● Provided information to clients- e.g. housing, mental health, drug/alcohol, and health services
● Developeda grant proposal for shelterfundraising
Student Researcher, Primary Investigator in Independent Research Fall 2014
Dr. Jennifer Dyck; Supervisor- Fredonia, NY
● Organized a focus group to assess an invalid Punctuality Scale usedfor a study researching the patterns ofuse of
● Collaborated with fellow researchers to revise a more valid and reliable Punctuality Scale so as to be more suited
● Completed a Human Subjects Application for approval from the IRB
● Administered the survey online and gathereddata.
Receptionist, Greeter Summer 2014
West Herr Toyota & Scion- Orchard Park, NY
● Served as the front-line contact person with customers, both in-person and by phone.
● Mediated issues between customers and salespeopleand saw to it that they received the assistance they needed.
Cook, Cashier, Delivery person Summer – Winter 2013
Maria’s Pizza- Fredonia, New York
● Served customers in restaurant that specialized in fast service and inexpensivecarryout food.
Waitress, Hostess Fall 2008 – Spring 2012
Arriba Tortilla- East Aurora, NY
● Communicatedeffectively with diverse types ofpeoplein a collaborative manner.
● Interpersonally connected with peopleand created a pleasant atmosphere for them.
● Multi-tasked a diversearray ofjobs at oncein a fluid and efficient fashion.
TRAVEL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
West Herr's "Keeping Children Safe" Campaign Summer 2014
● Provided fun, safe activities and a pre-emptive finger-printing service for children and their families.
Fredonia’s 3k Jog For Justice Fun-Run Spring 2014
Baker Memorial Church Volunteer 2008 - 2015
● Collaborated with eventstaffto host the Annual Strawberry Festival.
U.S. Western National Parks Summer 2013
● Independently road-tripped for 2 months to in Utah, California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado.
5k Hospice Memorial Walk Summer 2012
● Participated in 5k walk to benefit the Hospice Foundation, supporting Hospice Buffalo, Essential Care for
Children and the Life Transitions Center.
Future Curators Program January 2011-May 2011
● Curated an art exhibit at the Albright-Knox Gallery.
Education First (EF) Tours Summer 2008 and 2010
● Completed two summerabroad experiences:2-weeks to Greece, Italy, and Turkey and to Spain, France, and