Brief History of Hypnotism
The word “hypnosis” and
“hypnotism” both derive from
the term “Neuro-hypnotism”
(nervous-sleep) coined by the
Scottish surgeon James Braid
Different Types of Hypnotism
Here are some of the major types of hypnotism:
• Traditional hypnosis is when the
hypnotist puts the subject into a
hypnotic trance and then tells the
subject what to do by giving direct
commands and suggestions.
• Traditional hypnosis has received some bad press over the years
and unfortunately some of it is justified.
• But still traditional hypnosis can be a fun and effective tool when
used by an experienced hypnotist.
Using hypnosis to promote healing or positive development in
any way is known as hypnotherapy.
• It is very powerful type of hypnosis &
used to tackle the hypnotic problems.
• It is also used to take control over
addictions, negative emotions and
• Hypnotherapy can also be used to
control the sensations of pain.
Also known as Auto Hypnosis
• It is a self induced form of
• Self Hypnosis is another form
of Hypnotherapy. Its uses are
similar to Hypnotherapy.
• It is majorly used for
NLP Hypnosis (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
NLP hypnosis is another form of hypnosis similar to self hypnosis but its
main focus is on peoples behaviors.
• NLP hypnosis is used to tackle
psychological and behavior
• It is a great tool for motivation
and improving self confidence.
Still it is unclear in the scientific community exactly what NLP is or how it
• It may effect in reducing fear blood pressure & anxiety
• Reducing frequency of headache, controlling bleeding & pain
during dental process
• It create a state of deep relaxation, quite conscious mind &
leaves unconscious part of the mind .
• It can improve health & life style
• It helps people to stop smoking, alcohol
consumption n overeating
• Hypnosis can used by the therapists as tool to
help in eliminating the strength of phobias
• It is also creating relaxing brain wave patterns.
• Hypnosis enables you to command the power
of your un conscious mind to make whatever
change your desire
• It is done under the care of professionally
trained hypnosis therapists to minimize the
• Hypnotherapy is not recommended for people
serious psychological disorders such as split
personality, borderline psychosis and
• some clients will not find their remedy in
hypnotherapy for all kind of reason.
• Many patient undergo hypnotherapy in the
hopes of finding miracle cure & get
Clinical uses of Hypnosis:
• Modern Hypnotherapists use Hypnosis not
only for medical purposes but also as an aid
for the resolution of many problems of
Psychological origins. It is estimated that
approximately 85% of people of all age groups
will readily respond to clinical Hypnotherapy.
• Some of the conditions for which
Hypnotherapy is indicated as a practical
• Stop smoking
• Weight Control
Clinical usage :
• Confidence, Self Esteem and Assertiveness
• IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
• Performance Anxiety (exam stress, public
speaking, driving test nerves etc.)
Importance of Hypnosis:
• Self Improvement:
• Self Determination:
• Overcoming Bad Habits:
• Hypnosis can help us think positively towards
ourselves and our ambition. We can now have
the will to follow our dreams and continue to
carry on even if we encounter a lot of barriers
along the way.
Overcoming Bad Habits
People have their own weaknesses in life. And
sometimes these weaknesses are the main
factor why we can’t achieve our dreams With
hypnosis, we can cast the old habits away. We
can overcome poor eating habits. Oversleeping
or even overspending.