The student should be able to:
Define the term "lymph", lymphoreticular system.
• Identify the primary and secondary lymphoid organs.
• Explain the importance of, lymph node, high endothelial venules, spleen, thymus, bone marrow, and Peyer's patches. • Define the M cells.
• Explain the systemic lymphoid system, such as: A. Spleen B. Lymph node C. Mucosal system includes all the lymphoid tissues associated with mucosal surfaces.
• Explain the importance of the presence of the phagocytic cells in the peripheral (secondary) lymphoid tissues.
• Define the lymphocytes circulation within the mucosal lymphoid system.
• Define the mucosal associated lymphoid tissues (MALT).