Kevin J. Fox
2620 Babble Creek Lane (314) 660-4309
O’Fallon, MO 63368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of IT Services § Technical Sales Support Manager § Sr. Project Manager of Applications / PMO
Global Organizations …High –Technology Firms…Telecommunications…Government…
Consummate manager with 10+ years in delivering highly effective technical solutions, improving workflow processes and
lowering costs. Decisive, solutions-focused, and results-oriented individual with experience in large multi-million dollar
budgets, financial analysis and controlling costs from comprehensive knowledge of business operations. Motivational
leader able to foster teamwork, amongst technical staff, offshore developers, business users, and energize others to higher
levels of performance. Ability to communicate to identify requirements and deliver customized solutions based on service
level agreements. Creative in sales, problem solving, analysis, negotiation, and drive to achieve organizational goals.
Combine cross-functional expertise in:
▪ Strategic Vision & Planning ▪ Contract & Vendor Negotiations ▪ Managed Delivery Process
▪ Vendor Resource ▪ Manage Web Application Design & Development ▪ Staffing-Hiring/Evaluate/Firing
▪ Budget & Financial Planning ▪ Manage IT Product/Solutions Rollout ▪ Manage Sales Activities
▪ Team Building & Leadership ▪ C-Level IT Sales & New Market Development ▪ System Migrations/Transitions
▪ Reporting of EV/KPI Metrics ▪ Mission-Critical Project Management ▪ E-Commerce Application Sales
Management – A forward thinker and strategic minded, have utilized my leadership skills with my teams to coordinate
within SDLC the design of strategic plans and leverage the internal resources and vendors to tactically complete large
software implementations. Success comes from strategic vision and design of a plan that meets the goals of business and IT
stakeholders; managing technical teams; communicating with upper management on progress on plans to achieve
objectives; keeping the client abreast of all issues, risks and solutions; and coordinating the efforts of vendors’ activities.
Sales Support Management – Developed trust and rapport with clients by identifying solutions that would improve
efficiency, reducing cost of operations, and stage them for increased sales or better customer service.
Project Management – Used standard project management guidelines to work within the SDLC. This includes initiation
of project; project contracts, identifying the scope; blueprint, perform prioritization gathering of requirements; solution
design; issue and risk mitigation; unit, integrated and user acceptance testing; facilitation of meetings; communication of
status to management; recording of metrics, including EV, ETC, EAC and budget; and implementation and support.
Project Manager – Express Scripts, Inc. - Contractor 7/2009 – 12/2009
• Managed a $1 MM portfolio of IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Planning team managing matrix SCRUM team of 9 along
with 10 infrastructure and release management members, for the Consumerology Program. This includes developing
pilots and proof of concepts for future use to capture, track and dispense information for marketing and sales for a
• Efforts include forecasting resource requirements; managing $1 million budget; tracking burn-rate, ETC and EAC
• Projects include modifications to CCS Member Portal (client access), that also utilize SMS text messaging capabilities,
and Compass functionality.
Project Manager – Nestle’ Purina Petcare - Contractor 11/2006 – 6/2009
Project & Delivery Management on Nestle’s strategic Globe Initiative to put all market segments on an SAP platform using
unified process and master data. Included managing Replicated Master Data, project designed project plan for the
development of interfaces of SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications. Performed oversight functions under
the GLOBE Initiative for multi-million dollar Trade Management Tool project that coordinated the rewrite of trade and
promotion management processes. Simultaneously managed BW/Cognos Reporting plan and H/L Cutover for Go Live.
Developed earned value scorecard to track progress of users’ creation of business requirements.
• Created the Heritage/Legacy PMO Cutover consolidated project plan for 7 project teams (approx. 50 members). This
plan will drive the H/L resource planning budget of about $2 MM for cutover of the Golden Products operation in July
2008, and performed initial planning for Pet Food Cutover in September 2009. Monitored the plan using an EV point
system and tracked project health through KPI metrics.
• Took over management of the BW Reporting - PMO project plan for Cluster 1 Go Live. Developed and maintained the
project plan for all of the BW/Cognos reports and tasks related for Cluster 2 implementation in September 2009.
Budget consisted of approx. $1.2 MM for the 8 person team. Coordinated development, testing efforts of Cognos team
(10) and the Global Center offshore developers’ work and release schedules.
• Developed Globe Initiative Replicated Master Data project plan for the development of interfaces of new workflows
using SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications for a team of 10-15 professionals. Manage using best
practice controls the efforts of several business analysts to review business requirements generated; assign and monitor
developers to tasks; coordinate efforts of testing teams; track actual hours of effort, re-level plan resources, track
milestones and use of contingency time, and perform Earned Value and budgetary analysis for the $3 MM project.
Developed reports to determine resource needs based on “What If” scenarios. Communicate with business personnel
and resources on the Globe and BTC team in regard to SAP upgrades. Responsible for status reports, use plan and
scorecards to track and monitor project, issue resolution and review of deliverables. Track the development of test plan
and cases by Testing Services Group.
Project Manager – U.S. Postal Service - IAB IT - Contractor 11/2004 – 11/2006
• Coordinated and maintained the plan effort to integrate the applications and infrastructures of the International Inquiry/
Claims Adjudication system into the Domestic Claims system. Managed a project team of 5-10 to convert from a
Visual Basic GUI application using Terminal Services into a JAVA web-based application using Oracle database on a
Websphere platform. Developed business requirements; technical requirements; project plan for development of the
automated workflow, testing and infrastructure, quality assurance, system and user acceptance testing, and
implementation phases. Created and monitored $1 MM project budget. Identified, tracked and resolved issues.
• Managed $1.2 MM integration project with new JAVA web-based development on a Websphere/DB2 platform;
mainframe batch processing using multiple file sources including EDI and Oracle database within A/R systems; and
integrating functions with four USPS business units on a foreign postal service initiative. Assisted in database design
as well as management of web portal application, use case development, and testing.
• Worked with PMO on business cases for architectural re-design of legacy systems and created statement of work.
Assisted stakeholders identifying business requirements, build Rough Order of Magnitude document by determining
resources and costs of the project, and prepared/tracked project plans. Reported status of projects to IT management,
Portfolio management, and stakeholders. Developed initial budgets and high level project plans for nine Fiscal Year
2007 projects equaling over $3 million
• Performed project management for the International Accounting Branch IT team. Coordinated efforts on several
projects from minor tasks to larger enhancements.
Project Manager – SBC PMO - Contractor 01/2004 – 11/2004
• Developed and maintained plan on $50 MM SBC PMO on the 4M2 Conversion/Integration project. Coordinated large
conversion process of a division's proprietary data to SBC legacy suite of 12-15 application (COIS, SORD, CRIS…)
groups with PMO staff. Managed the interdependencies with other project initiatives within SBC. Planned within the
release schedules of the various application groups.
• Primary responsibilities included maintaining PMO project plan including the major tasks and milestones of the 12-15
application groups; facilitate all meetings with stakeholders, business users, and technical teams across the country;
tracked issues and resolutions; submit escalation documentation on issues affecting timeline; performed the follow-up
on all escalations; and distributed status reports to management.
Project and Sales Manager – Miken Technology Group 09/2000 – 11/2003
Performed project management and conducted sales management for network integration and support firm. Developed
vendor relationships to expand service offering to customer base. Involved in negotiating SLA and costs with outside
service, software and hardware vendors. Provided clients with technology solutions, service support and asset management.
• Outstanding success in building relationships with C-level and P&L executives/decision-makers of new and established
clients. Attained approximately 85% retention and loyalty of new customers for over a year or longer.
• Developed the standard statement of work, comprehensive sales proposals and SLA’s, used by entire sales force.
• While achieving 175% of quota first year, contributed to improve corporate sales revenues by 40%.
• Solutions consisted of E-Commerce, Windows 2000 & 2003 network integration projects; performed initial network
design that could contain file and exchange servers, software release management of Microsoft (3rd party) products and
licensing, firewalls, data protection and connectivity requirements; including Citrix Metaframe solutions for remote
access; network design and modification; software and hardware upgrades; ASP solutions, wireless networks, web and
email hosting, implementation of Internet access solutions through a variety of regional and national vendors, wide-
area networks and telephony.
• Performed strategic planning to implement application consulting opportunities to create new revenue stream.
Developed strategic alliances with communication/connectivity vendors and management consultants to provide a
vertical service offering and reduce costs by 15%. Provided strategic solutions for clients to utilize new technology and
more efficient work processes.
• Developed large project procedures, from setup and design, determined criteria for milestones; created deliverable
documentation for client approval signoff; and instituted project follow-up process. Engineered an automated, multi-
faceted Service Level Agreement. Set procedures for sales process on large endeavors which included the technical
staff’s review process. Created automated service contract tool to build unique service support solutions for clients.
• Negotiated with local to national supply channel vendors on pricing client proposals; developed 3rd party vendors to
assist on projects; managed vendor project scheduling; and developed strategy for targeting our market.
• Built the initial network design. Identified the cost implications of hardware, software and labor for the setup,
installation and product rollout, and initial support for the project plan.
Sales Manager – Automated Data Systems Inc. - (Temporary/Contractor) 03/2000 – 09/2000
Performed sales of network integration solutions and support.
Engagement Manager/Site Manager – Unisys - Contractor 01/1998 – 11/1999
• As Site/Engagement Manager managed and delivered the $7 millionUnited States Postal Service Y2K Certification and
Verification Project and USPS Y2K Archiving project over multiple sites and completed 3 months ahead of schedule
and on budget, based on SLA of contract with a staff of 6 project managers and up to 40 technical professionals.
• Restored leadership and provided goals for project teams, reestablished communication with client, and utilized
contract guidelines to coordinate tasks more efficiently. Handled work requests to fulfill the objectives of the project
• Communicated and built relationships with eleven contracting firms that provided technical resources for our projects.
This included requests for talent, ongoing support, and eventual rollout of staff based on budget constraints.
• Managed archiving project for multiple USPS sites (St. Louis and San Mateo). Led teams to complete the project ahead
of SLA schedule and within USPS’s $1 MM budget.
• Completed over 50 maintenance and new development projects in 18 months, worth $3million plus, with team of 15.
Reestablished continuity of deliverables being submitted to the client. Raised the completion “on schedule” rate for
projects from one in three to over 90% within same period, a 200% improvement which resulted in greater profitability.
• Improved relationship with USPS stakeholder and management team in San Mateo to overcome previous relationship
issues leading to early project completion. Opening channels of communication was imperative in achieving all project
objectives with limited resources and time frame.
• Led a team of 4 to create functional specifications to redesign the USDA AMAS Balancing System by conducting a
JAD interview process with operational personnel. Determined project worth at $2-3 million.
• Performed delivery management of a Food and Drug Administration Y2K Readiness Assessment Survey Project for
Battelle, managed team to interview executive management of a random sample of a few hundred national and
international companies regulated by the FDA. Deliverable was to determine companies used best business practices to
attain compliance with FDA Y2K Guidelines. Completed assignment early with recognition from primary contractor.
• Delivered the Food and Drug Administration Y2K Readiness Assessment Survey Project for Battelle.
Sales Manager (Temporary/Contractor) ▪ Automated Data Systems, Inc. - 06/1997 – 12/1997
Programmer/Analyst (Contractor) – Cap Gemini America ▪ Managed Prescription Services - 10/1996 - 06/1997
Senior Programmer/Analyst ▪ Sunmark, Inc. – 12/1995 - 10/1996
Senior Programmer/Analyst and Project Lead ▪ Central Hardware/Witte Hardware – 07/1989 - 12/1995
Adjunct Instructor ▪ Columbia College – 05/1994 – 03/1996
Programming & Operations Instructor ▪ Control Data Institute – 09/1988 - 07/1989
Programmer/Analyst ▪ Credit Systems, Inc. – 06/1986 – 08/1988
Programmer/Analyst ▪ Schnuck Markets, Inc. – 05/1979 - 06/1986
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS:
MS Office 2003(MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook) ▪ MS-Project 2003 ▪ MS-Visio2003 ▪ MS-Access 2003 ▪ VPMi ▪
Rally ▪ Quality Center ▪ Remedy ▪ MS-Netmeeting ▪ MS-Sharepoiont ▪ SDLC ▪ Agile/SCRUM ▪ Earned Value ▪ KPI
MBA Finance Webster University - St. Louis, MO
Certificate - Computer Programming Control Data Institute - St. Louis, MO
B.S. - Business Administration University of Missouri - St. Louis, MO