K E V I N A L C A R A Z
12 Osprey Ct Marlboro, NJ 07746 (732) 788-9000 Kevin.Edward0614@gmail.com
Summary of Qualifications
Highly organized, extremely reliable, and able to work effectively in fast-paced pressured
Positive communication skills, able to generate progress through team effort with coworkers
Adapts well to new situations and welcomes challenges
Understands clients are most important, experience in customer service
Advanced Computer skills & Hardware, and type at 69 WPM.
Fluent Musician in Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano, Mandolin, Vocals, and more.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL
Associate Degree of Science, November 2007
Major: Recording Arts
Minor: Computer Science
-Media, computer technology, audio engineering, law, social networking, and public relations.
- Apple Certified 2014
- Microsoft Certified 2015
Best Buy, Holmdel, NJ, (June 2013-Current)
Microsoft Consultant – Sales Division
- Received extensive training on the latest and greatest technology: Routers, Processors,
RAM, Technical Support, Graphics Cards, and all other computer components and
- Received Sales Certification from Apple by learning their newest products in depth
- Took eLearning Classes on the latest routers, computers, hard Drives, external hard drives,
flash Drives, SD Cards, and Printers directly from the following companies: ASUS, Acer,
Lenovo, Toshiba, Western Digital, Seagate, SanDisk, PNY, Sony, HP, Brother, Epson, LaCie,
Linksys, Belkin, Netgear, Dell, & many more.
- Learned the logistics of various programs like Adobe and virus protection software such
as Webroot, Kapersky, Trend Micro and more.
- Took Sales Certification Classes and learned the value of my appearance as well as the
respect of the customer in finding exactly what they are looking for.
P.C. Richard & Son, Manalapan, NJ, (October 2011 – March 2012)
Front Desk Management/Customer Service – Clerical Division
- Record of all transactions taking place (purchases and returns) and informing that
information to the corporate office.
- Help customers choose the items best suited to their needs while also troubleshooting
problems regarding various types of inventory such as electronics and appliances.
- Use AS400 operating system to access and document customer tickets, preserve inventory
on all items in the store, and compile data on product selling trends to predict which items
need to be ordered in to preserve the products demand.
- Perform delivery calls to guarantee each customer is getting exactly what they ordered by
confirming the brand, model, and/or color.
- Prevent comebacks (mistakes) on customer deliveries, which causes a decline within the
perception of the company, by evaluating the product specifications with customers such
as width, height, and depth while also assuring that there are no complications that would
cause unnecessary delivery mishaps such as narrow doorways and entrances.
Community Credit Counseling Corp., Neptune, NJ, (February 2003 – September 2011)
Data Entry/Head of Advertising
- Create leads for new clients with creditors and update information in company database.
- Set up new client lists from leads and document them to database for any changes in client
- Research new advertising techniques within the company as well as client inquiries with
creditors and log changes in the individual accounts.
- Required to be proficient with the use of computers and applications (Microsoft Word,
Excel, and their own program they created DMAS which helped find clients and verify
their information) labeling various financial statements.
- Had to speak to clients and was trained to convince them that we were more efficient then
Vector Marketing, Freehold Borough, NJ, (June 2008 – September 2008)
- Responsible for knowing in-depth details about product (Cutco Knives and More) and be
able to display catalog of products to customers through home demonstrations.
- Had to show initiative by generating as many leads and doing as many presentations as
Mr. B’s Costume Shop, Eatontown, NJ, (May 2007 – November 2007)
Retail Sales Representative
- Required to learn information about all types of costumes and make-up products and
show customers through in-store-demonstrations the value of the products.
- Was expected to be efficient on the location of items and show initiative; also had to be
courteous and polite to customers.
Skills and Accomplishments
- Apple & Microsoft Certified with all Apple & Microsoft products
- Ability to construct and analyze a computer by each component and what it does in any
- Proficient skills in Audio/Video Editing as well as Graphic Design using programs such as
Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut, and Pro Tools.
- Microsoft Certified
Includes expert knowledge on all of Microsoft Office 2013, Office 365 and all Office
Programs as well as Microsoft Products.
- Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1,
and Windows 10, Mac OS X Tiger, Lion, Mountain Lion, Snow-Leopard, Mavericks,
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Publisher, MS Access,
iMovie, iCal, iWeb, Entourage, Garage Band, Cubase, Nuendo, Reason, and Pro Tools,
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash MX, Adobe Illustrator, Go live
Music (May 2005 - Present)
- Was in a band called “The Circus” that won the Break Contest located at the Stone Pony in
Asbury Park and further advanced to play the Bamboozle Festival.
- Had a published article in the Marymount Manhattan College Newspaper
- Proficient in instruments: Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Percussion, Mandolin
- Band “The Circus” featured on Cusp Magazine and participated in campaign against drunk
driving by being featured on a multi-band compilation CD on Illumina Records.
- Studio Owner, Music Teacher, and Song Writer licensed by ASCAP (TheCircusStudios.com)
WAVSTAR PRODUCTIONS– Matawan, NJ
Live Sound Engineer (2009)
Learned to handle various conflicts on the spot in a live scheduled environment
Learned to properly do various microphone techniques to amplifiers
Gained experience mixing sound levels in a live concert setting
Gained experience interacting with various bands and gained connections
CIRCUS STUDIOS – Morganville, NJ
Studio Manager (2009-Present) www.thecircusstudios.com
Recorded and produced various artists.
Ketch Remixes- Film editing for Drum Recording and Mastering
o Produced Score for Sci-Fi Short Film
Up to date with Protools functions and editing
Head Organizer of Live Events
Concerts - Audio Mixer – Supplying + Managing PA Equipment
Previous Work Contact Information
Vector Marketing: 732-431-6622 Supervisor: Romel Benito
Community Credit Counseling Corp: 732-845-2880 Supervisor: Rick Lovallo
P.C. Richard & Son: 201-759-7061 Supervisor: Alyssa Hauf
Best Buy: 732-547-6827 Supervisor: Gian Carlo
Mike Bogdan: Apple consultant at Best Buy Holmdel, NJ 201-210-1982
Brian Burnett: Friend & current Apple employee Freehold, NJ Cell# 732-303-8043
Joe Dominguez: Trusted Co-Worker at Best Buy Holmdel, NJ Cell# 732-425-7861
Eduardo Callirgos: Apple employee, Sales at Nissan Freehold, NJ Office# 732-264-4333
Website Design Project- Completed website design with my resume
Studio Design Project- Created a business plan for functioning recording studio
MIDI- Learned of the function and capabilities of the MIDI language and created several
Audiotronics- Experienced cable soldering and working with cable testing equipment
Sound Dynamics- Studied acoustic principles with amplification and incorporated speaker
design into studio audio monitoring and public address systems.
Session Recording- Utilized audio recording technology for advanced studies in order to gain
expertise in the art and science of music production.
Audio Post Production- Learned about sound effects design, Foley recording, dialogue
recording and editing, automated dialogue replacement, music editing, surround sound, and
mixing to picture.
CMI- (Computers Math and Internet) Learned about the important factors of the Internet and
how it is a useful tool for promoting, communication and learning information
Apple Certification- In Depth Knowledge on the ins and outs of all apple products including
the hardware and software.
I’m a musician. More Specifically I’m a singer/songwriter. I play the guitar, bass-guitar, piano,
mandolin, and I’m learning drums. I consider vocals an instrument also after taking lessons with the
vocal instructor of the band “Thursday”. I also own my own recording studio and for fun I like to
write and record my own music “indie rock”. I also record artists and bands on ProTools but for solo
artists, I usually use Garage band and Reason because most instruments need to be programmed.
To the untrained ear it does sound realistic, but writing for my own music is the hobby. Recording
other artists is “Fun-Work” since I am getting paid for it and I never have spare time for my music.
With these solo artists I take their ideas and bring them to life with a professional as they envisioned
it. Every instrument, performed or not, is flawless and I guarantee a full refund if they’re not
satisfied. To be honest I was never into apple’s phones or iPods, I saw that 90% of all the computers
at Fullsail were apple computers so I came to the conclusion that this was industry standard. Once I
changed, I could never go back. Everything got so much easier. (This was in 2006 before all the crazy
iPhones and iCloud). I also created my studio’s website with iWeb (TheCircusStudios.com). That’s
how I figured out how to make my own website. Although Fullsail had their terrible web program,
iWeb not only looked better, it was easier and more professional to use. Finally when I got to Best
Buy, I realized the benefits of the iPod touches, the iPads, and especially the iPhone. I even use the
square app for transactions. I learned all about the benefits of the other products that apple has but
I wanted to express that I learned it through the mechanics in the computers. Right now at this
moment I have an iPod Nano, an iPhone, a Mac Mini, an iMac, and a Macbook Pro. I also learned
about the incredible resolution of the retina display. Music is my life.