Local queries increasing year on year Mix between a keyword with a geo modifier & a location you serve (you don’t necessairly need a physical presence).
Search Engines Social Media (Location pages) Data agregators Directories
Talk about the Name example (don’t add VDAB Hasselt, etc..) Not recommended but possible.
Seo benelux local_seo_17102019_slideshare
Local search marketing is anything you do on the web to
promote a physical business that makes face-to-face
contact with its customers.
Local SEO is about how to optimize your website to rank
better for a local audience. you need to optimize so
people know where you are located and are able to find
you offline (if required)
Local SEO refers to the process of ‘optimizing’ your online
presence to attract more business from relevant local
searches. These searches take place on Google and
other search engines.
Google My Business – THE ONE
• Track your data with a parameter
• Search Views: A customer found your business via Google
Search. Displays as “Search views” on bulk reports.
• Map Views: A customer found your business via Google
Maps. Displays as “Maps views” on bulk reports.
• Direct search: A customer directly searched for your
business name or address.
• Discovery search: A customer searched for a category,
product, or service that you offer, and your listing appeared.
• What about Google Support
• Limited knowledge
• Difficult to reach
Tips & Tricks
• Google = not available for bulk posting
• Will Google charge?
• What is it and what should I do?
• Claim your knowledge panel (with GSC)
• Strong Brand signal!
• Consistency in everything (phone number, etc.)
Tips & Tricks
• Yandex Sprav & other local players
• Personal relationship!
to everything – and don’t wait
• GMB only stores 100 latest reviews
• Bulk verification is key, especially in certain areas (Middle-East, Africa)
• Postcards = NO GO
• Almost everything is changeable on GMB, don’t take no for an answer, you
just need to talk to the right person.