Interacting with like-focused people
• We get to interact, share, and get to know people all over the world
with shared interests and focus.
• Even if you don’t feel that you’re able to contribute much to the
community right now, you will still get benefits.
• You can contribute!!! Nobody has the same background as you do and we all
start at the beginning.
• Real-time problem solving
• Educational Challenges
• Social Media (Spread the News)
• Training and knowledge: MongoDB Certification/Books
• Gift Cards
• Ask an Expert
MongoDB Community Slack Group
• Community discussion room
• All sorts of topics, language, product, general information, conferences, etc.
• Unofficial support
MongoDB Google Group
• Open forum for discussion of MongoDB technical questions
Access to Amazing Resources
• Vendor introductions
• MongoDB staff
• Startup Accelerator program
• Continuous education is key for careers in this industry
• Stay up to date on current MongoDB features and tools
• Beta program access in some cases
• Provide pre-release product feedback
• Exposure to new perspectives and how other MongoDB deployments
How Can You Impact the MongoDB
• Write a Blog Post, the Advocacy Hub is a great spot for ideas
• Don’t like writing? What about a Podcast?
• Training Videos
• Host or Speak at a Meetup
• Speak at a Conference
• Public recognition as a MongoDB thought leader
• Book offers
• Job advancement and mentoring opportunities
• Recent Indeed.com search had over 6,500 open MongoDB positions just in the