1. Create apresenceEstablish patterns ofcommunication, respond tostudents questions within 24hours, Be online at least fivedays a week, Have a instructorprofile, the student should beaware of resources available toavoid roadblocks, frustration.
2. Be Logicaland Organized Present Lesson Plans/Data ina organized manner. Theidea here is to do everythingpossible to orient the student.The student needs to be likea finely aligned car thattravels straight down theroad and in the event of apothole recovers quickly.
3. The Instructorneeds to betechnologicallycompetentThe instructor like the captainof the boat has to be familiarwith the tools of the trade inorder to successfully navigatethe waters of the digitalenvironment.
4. A instructor should be passionateabout his or her subject Student’s need relevantcurrent content (I amthinking here in terms oftechnology especiallybecause it is my field). Theinstructor needs to be wellacquainted with the subjecthe or she teaches. The instructorshould be constantly vigilantwith what is new in his or herfield.
5. The Instructorshould providefeedbackAn instructor should provideclear, concise, constructivefeedback to students in atimely manner. Feedbackshould emphasize what ispositive in the students workproviding encouragement.
6. The instructor should be able to gaugeand motivate his student’s progress The rubric is a tool forassessment of the student’swork and progress. Theinstructor should be able tosee impairments in theprogress of the student andrespond accordingly.
7. The instructorshould exercisedisciplinarycompetencyGuidelines should be in placeand executed by the instructor.Timelines have to be met,writing has to be done usingthe APA or MLA guidelines.School policy must beenforced. Clear expectationseach week should be madeconcerning the work due.
8. The instructor should make thecourse his or her own The instructor should show hisor her expertise, passion onthe subject, provide at leastweekly updates on what isnew in the field. Theinstructors profile should bewell laid out. The instructorshould replace the digitalrepresentation of him orherself with something vital,warmer and human as soonas possible.
10. Create aonline coursecommunityUse blogs, discussion boardsfostering collaboration amongstudents. This provides differentlevels of communication aswell as support and criticalthinking.
Policy’s andProceduresREQUIRED FOR A FUNCTIONING LEARNING ENVIRONMENTStudent Code of ConductCopyright and Fair UsePolicy on Sexual and Other Unlawful HarassmentAnti Violence PolicyFamily Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)Adjunct Review and EvaluationAcademic Honesty Policy
SUPPORTRESOURCES FOR THE DIGITAL INSTRUCTORA Web Portal, connection to Admin,Advising and help with course.FACULTY HANDBOOK.TRAINING IF NEEDED FOR EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE.