• Mitsubishi had this problem:
– The launching of the all new Mitsubishi Lancer, due on November 2007 has
been postponed until May of 2008.
– Dealers are not happy with this, since it´s a volume model.
– Mitsubishi must do something to compensate their dealers and boost end of
the years sales for the rest of the range.
• Marketing Goals:
– Stimulate sales in all the rest of the range, specially 4x4.
– Motivate the official dealerships and compensate them for the Lancer units
– Increment Mitsubishi´s brand awareness among the target.
• Comunication Goals:
– Increment Mitsubishi´s brand notoriety and position it on top of mind for short
– Generate traffic to microsite Generate traffic to dealership Generate
– Generate qualified leads.
– The first consideration we made was if it was relevant enough for the target
audience to communicate another test drive promotion for Mitsubishi.
The answer was NO.
– The Agency worked on a much more relevant stimulus for the target audience.
We found a benefit that was relevant to their core target and very prone to be
The world of online vacational trips.
• Our strategy.
– After analyzing the online travel world we found a niche that could be
developed: Impossible vacation destinations.
– Instead of promoting a Car Brand we promoted an Impossible Travel Agency,
which was much more relevant for our target under the URL
• Watch the Aurora Borealis in Iceland.
• Watch a solar eclipse in Greeland.
• The full moon weekend party in the island of Phi Phi (Thailand)
• A trip in the cloud train in Tibet
• Excursion through Irian Jaya in Papúa, New Guinee
• Experiment the defrosting of the Perito Moreno glacier (Argentina).
– The campaign claim was: “Nobody Leads you where a Mitsubishi does”. We
made a 360º campaign(TV*, Magazines*, Internet, E-Mailing ,PLV) that
converged in www.wherenobodyleadsyou.com.
* En TV y Revistas solo se hacia alusión a la campaña con un pequeño logotipo