Created by:Kelley D. Stanley RN BSN____________________________________CompanyHospitalList of Items to Bring to DialysisYo...
New Patient Hemodialysis Information Pamphlet
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

New Patient Hemodialysis Information Pamphlet

1,998 views

Published on

A pamphlet I created for new hemodialysis patients to take home with them when they leave the hospital. It can be filled out with patient specific information that they need to know about their dialysis treatment (their first day, what to bring, diet/fluid restrictions, appointment information, and some insurance info.

Published in: Health & Medicine
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,998
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

New Patient Hemodialysis Information Pamphlet

  1. 1. Created by:Kelley D. Stanley RN BSN____________________________________CompanyHospitalList of Items to Bring to DialysisYour insurance CardList of your medicationsBlanket/jacketSnack/small drinkBook/magazineWriting pad- for notesMake sure to dress comfortably and warmly for your treatment, but make sure staff will be able to reach your access for treatment!-1139825-914400Name of FacilityAddressPhone NumberDoctorTreatment TimeTreatment DaysYour Dialysis Unit:What you need to know______________________________________________Information for New Patients Starting Hemodialysis78295505029200 <br />Your First DayTreatment Date:_____________2011Treatment Time:__________________Your first day arrive to the dialysis unit 15 minutes early. When you get there notify the staff that you have arrived. You will have to wait in the waiting room until a staff member calls you back, Your treatment may not start at precisely your scheduled time, so please be patient. Dress comfortably and prepare to be at the facility for 4 to five hours.The dialysis room is a large open area where multiple patients will be sitting in chairs also receiving dialysis. Please make sure you go to the bathroom before treatment. The treatment should be the same process you went through in the hospital. Do not hesitate to ask the staff questions or notify them if you are having any problems. Look at the back of this pamphlet for a list of items to bring your first day of treatment.*Generally avoid foods high in potassium (200mg or more), phosphorus (160mg), and sodium (300mg). You will also be encouraged to eat more protein. Your dietitian will provide you with a diet guide and food lists that indicate which foods are allowed and which ones you should avoid or limit.Diet Restrictions: Fluid Restrictions:*There will also be fluid restrictions, build up of excess fluid can be harmful to your body. Staff will help you figure out your particular fluid restrictions. Generally the restriction is 1000 ml or 32 oz per day for those who no longer urinate, more for those that still do urinate. Cost to You*The cost of hemodialysis depends on what kind of insurance you carry. Every dialysis patient qualifies for Medicare insurance, but some must pay a premium. *Medicare will cover 80% of dialysis costs, leaving 20%. *Other kinds of insurance are Medicaid, Private, Medicare GAP and Medicare Advantage programs. If you have one of these they will likely cover the 20% remaining.*Unless you have or obtain another form of insurance than Medicare, you will be left to pay the 20% cost.*Your social worker can help you determine what insurance or financial assistance you may qualify for and help you apply. You will receive your treatments regardless of the ability to pay.Medicare A: Hospital Medicare B: Outpatient-Meds-1143000-91440021609053875405<br />

×