"We save people money so they can live better."
“If we work together, we’ll lower the cost of living for
everyone…we’ll give the world an opportunity to see what
it’s like to save and have a better life.”
5 values guiding Wal-Mart's future:
• Family and Community
• Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Wal-Mart is an
American multinational retail corporation that operates
chains of large discount department stores and warehouse
• It has over 11,000 stores in 27 countries, under a total 55
Founder of Wal-Mart
• Sam Walton was Born on
March 29 1918.
• He was an American
"The secret of successful retailing is to give your
customers what they want. And really, if you think about it
from your point of view as a customer, you want
everything: a wide assortment of good-quality
merchandise; the lowest possible prices; guaranteed
satisfaction with what you buy; friendly, knowledgeable
service; convenient hours; free parking; a pleasant
Sam Walton (1918-1992)
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States.
• CEO:- Carl Douglas McMillon.
Revenue US$ 476.294 billion (2014)
Operating income US$ 26.872 billion (2014)
Net income US$ 16.022 billion (2014)
Total assets US$ 204.751 billion (2014)
Total equity US$ 81.339 billion (2014)
Owner(s) Walton family
Employees 2.2 million (2013)
DETAIL INFORMATION OF Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart Global Enterprise
Wal-Mart operations are organised into
three divisions :-
• Wal-Mart stores US
• SAM’s club
• Wal-Mart international
Wal-Mart stores US
• $258 billion, or 63.8 percent of total sales for
financial year 2010
• Wal-Mart Discount Stores
• Wal-Mart Supercenter
• Wal-Mart Market
• Wal-Mart Express
• Sam's Club stores are "membership"
stores and most customers buy annual
• Their old slogan was “We're in
Business for Small Business” which
changed to "Savings Made Simple“
• Wal-Mart also operates more than
100 international Sam's Clubs in
Brazil, China, Mexico.
• Wal-Mart's international comprise 4,263 stores and 660,000
workers in 15 countries outside the United States.
• The company is the largest private employer in the U.S. and
Mexico, and one of the largest in Canada.
• In the financial year 2010, Wal-Mart's international division
sales were $100 billion, or 24.7 percent of total sales.
• 2006 :- It formed a joint venture with Bharti
• 2009:- Wal-Mart started doing
business in India for the first time.
• Indian Wal-Mart is a wholesale
Entered India with a JV
Future planning of Wal-Mart
•Wal-Mart is planning to open a new distribution centre in
Mankato, in late 2015, creating about 300 jobs.
•Global expansion is the mantra of Wal-Mart for future.
•Wal-Mart plans to hire 100,000 veterans over five years.
•Wal-Mart is moving ahead with a plan to open hundreds of
• Wal-Mart is powerful retail plant.
• Wal-Mart has grown substantially over recently year, and
has experience global expansion.
• The company has a core competency involving its user of
IT to support its international logistics system.
• A focus strategy in place for HRM and development
• The corporate is huge but still has presence in 14
• Customers sometimes are curious about the quality of
• The market share is low outside the US market.
• Supplies profit margin is very low.
• Take over , merge with , or form alliances with global
retailers focusing on specific market such as Europe or
• Due to recession in 2008-09 the purchasing power of
customers is reduce.
• Market development untapped market specially.
• Being leader it faces a lot of competition.
• Poor human relation.
• Effect on local retailers.
Wal-Mart CSR(Corporate Social Response)
Some of the Wal-Mart CSR are :-
•Wal-Mart Commits $5 Million in Response to Japan
•Wal-Mart Launches Major Initiative to Make Food
Healthier and Healthier Food More Affordable.
•Wal-Mart Foundation Donates $5 Million to Fight Senior
•Wal-Mart and CARE Launch New Initiative to Empower
Marginalized Women in India.
CEO of Wal-Mart
Greg Foran CEO, Walmart
Rosalind G. Brewer
CEO, Sam’s Club
Charles M. Holley,
Neil M. Ashe CEO,
Michael J. Bender
Organisation Structure of Wal-Mart
Marketing strategies of Wal-Mart
Top Marketing strategies of Wal-Mart are
•Appeal to As Many People as Possible
•Social Media Campaigns