‘Please Don’t Stop The Rain’ Deconstruction
• From 15 seconds we can see clearly the costume the singer is
wearing is simple and casual, this suggests he belongs to the
singer/songwriter genre as they are usually simple and focus on the
music rather than the image.
• The video is a hybrid between performance and narrative as he is
miming the lyrics at some parts but also there is a story happening.
This is usually what we see with singer/songwriter videos.
Relationship Between Lyrics
• From 1:14 to 1:23 the lyrics “Let it fall, let it fall, let it fall. Please
don't stop the rain” are sang twice while sparks start to fall from the
sky as if they were rain drops.
• At 2:07 to 2:10 the lyrics are “Feeling like you got no place to run,”
and at the same time we can see the wolf running.
Relationship Between Music
• At 12 seconds, 31 seconds and various other parts in the video
there is on beat editing as it cuts to a different scene as a note
on the piano is played.
• Also, when the wolf is running from 1:55 to 1:59 it’s in time to
the beat of the song.
• The singer is the main focus throughout the whole video with
frequent close-ups for example at 1:23 to 1:37.
• The parts in the video were sparks are falling reflect the album
cover for this single.
Notion of Looking
• At 1:51 to 1:53 there is a an extreme close up of the wolf’s
eyes and we can see it looking at the sparks falling as there is
a reflection in the eyes.