Brought to you by Nebraska Family Dentistry
Talk to your children early
￮ Let your children know before heading out
what the plan is for when they return with
their full bucket of candy.
￮ Discuss the importance of limiting sugary
foods before they head out to enjoy the
Choose the Right type of candy
￮ Avoid candy that is hard and stays in the
mouth for long amounts of time.
- The longer teeth are exposed the more
prone the mouth is to cavities.
- Chocolate is more preferable because it
dissolves quickly in the mouth.
￮ Avoid candy that is sticky.
- Sticky candy will stay on the teeth longer
and is harder for your child to brush off.
- The longer candy sticks to the teeth the
longer your teeth are fighting the bacteria
that causes cavities.
Choose the right time to eat
candy or sugars
￮ Following a meal is the best time
- If you are not as hungry you wont eat as much.
- Saliva production is increased during mealtimes
which will help your teeth recover from the candy.
- You can also consume candy or sugars with a
meal instead of following the meal, eating a meal
full of protein will help to keep your child’s sugar
Do the Right things AFTER
￮ Rinsing your mouth with water
- Water in Lincoln has fluoride , which will
help repair and protect your teeth
￮ Chewing sugar-free gum after
- Helps stimulate saliva flow
- Helps remove candy residue
- Choose an ADA approved gum
- Gum with xylitol can help fight cavities
￮ Maintaining optimal homecare
- This, more than anything else, will help
you survive the Halloween spookiness
that comes with all the Candy!
- Brushing 2x daily for a minimum
of 2 min each time
- Flossing daily
- Using a mouthwash with fluoride
(Listerine Total Care or Act)
- Seeing your dentist at least every
6 months for a cleaning and check up
If all else fails – or to
just avoid the candy!
We will buy it from your child
Offer your children a sugar-free reward for their
For the fifth consecutive year, all of the locations
of Nebraska Family Dentistry will be hosting an
annual candy buy-back. Kids can bring their extra
Halloween candy at any of our locations and earn
$0.50 per lb.
Nebraska Family Dentistry locations
participating in Candy Buy Back 2018 program:
East Lincoln Candy Buy Back Dental Office
- Preserve Family Dentistry
South Lincoln Candy Buy Back Dental Office
- Southpointe Dental
North Lincoln Candy Buy Back Dental Office
- Northstar Dental
Central Lincoln Candy Buy Back Dental Office
- Lincoln Family Dentistry
West Lincoln Candy Buy Back Dental Office
- Coddington Dental