Presented By :-
Kartik N. Kalpande
Digital Signature & Advanced
INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL SIGNATURE :
• Important application of public key cryptography
• Electronic form of signature
• Serves the same purpose as that of the handwritten
signature but is much secure
WHY DIGITAL SIGNATURE ?
• Authenticate identity of sender
• Ensure the original content of message (intigity)
• Non – repudiation
• Verifiability of by independent , public or third party
DIGITAL CERTIFICATES :
• A data with digital signature from one trusted certification
• This data contains :
- Who owns this certificate
- Who signed this certificate
- The expired date
- User name and e-mail address
REQUIRED CONDITIONS FOR DIGITAL
• Receiver can verify claimed identity of sender
• Sender can’t later repudiate (deny) contents of message
• Reciever can not have cancocted message himself
ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY SYSTEMS :
• A software program integrated to a merchant’s website to
transmit transaction data to :
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Cash card
- Mobile payment
acquirer for authorization and settlement.
• Includes whether there are sufficient funds available, whether
the details all matched correctly and whether there has been
any fraudulent activity.
• In order to check these details , the Payment Gateways will
communicate with the Card Schemes and Issuing Banks.
• And then report back with its findings and relevant
• Merchants gain the ability to perform real- time Credit Cards
authoization from a website over the internet.
• Customers can pay for purchases across the Internet through
Credit Cards within seconds , after the gateway obtains
authorization from the Credit Card institution.
MAIN PURPOSE OF USING A PAYMENT
• SEURITY :-
- Customer is usually required to enter personal details , the
entire communication of ‘Submit Order’ page is often carried
out through HTTPS protocol.
- To validate the request of the payment page result ,
sometimes the IP of the requesting server has to be verified.
SECURE PAYMENTS USING PayPal :
• Found in 1998 and owned by eBay
• Facilitates the transfer of money from one party to another
over the internet.
• Payments can be made for goods , services as well as online