What kind of media institution wold
distribute your product and why?
Evaluation question 3
What is a film distributer and what do
• Distribution is:- the launching and sustaining
films in a competitive market place.
• There job is to identify the films audience,
estimate revenue across various platforms,
creating buzz around the product, persuading
exhibitors to take interest and persuading the
audience to follow up on that interest, and
watch the film.
• Conglomerate owned distributers
(The big six)
• Indie distributors
Our chosen distributer
• They are an
owned by the big six.
• Previous releases:-
Why they would distribute our film
• Icon is an independent distributer, much like
own film, as we of course, don’t work for the
• They’ve distributed a similar genre of films to
ours in the past, so they would take a greater
interest in our thriller in comparison to a
Films Icon have distributed
• Icon have distributed many films with similar
genres to our own:
How would our film fit with their
current slate of films.
• They distribute a lot of horrors and thrillers, so
our thriller would fit well with their current
Expected release pattern
• They would most likely use festivals to
promote our thriller at first, then move on to a
limited release in a small selection of cinemas
once a buzz has been properly generated.
• Distribution of our film
• Marketing such as advertisements,
partnerships, trailers, websites, and or small
• Reaching to an international audience through
international film festivals.
• We’d also be able to use their reputation for
thrillers and horrors to boost initial interest
from potential audiences.
How they may create buzz for our film
• They may create buzz through the services
mentioned earlier, this includes showing our
thriller at festivals, locally and internationally,
also creating synergistic products for our
thriller. They may also create small TV ad’s, or
posters to be put up in cinema’s and or bus